Best DEPS Swimbait Color

JDWalker

Live in Florida, Starting fishing swimbaits 2 months ago caught a 10lber got hooked.....

Best deps 175 color for Florida or in general what you guys recommend.

Also is ebay and this website the only place to buy deps...is there no Deps website like roman made.

you can find them at retailers, like tackle warehouse and monster fishing tackle but mostly everywhere is out of stock right now, and who knows when they'll be in stock again. theres probably some local shops out west that have them in stock, you just have to call around and see. if not then here or ebay. I can't say that theres a best color but I can say that my personal favorites that consistently catch fish for me around the orlando area are the flash carp and bluegill. I have also had luck on the ghost ayu.

Truthfully dude you will be throwing something that >90% of the fish down here have never seen and they will eat it out of anger, curiosity, or it swims past them. Like a shark they may not "eat" it cause they are hungry but they will hit it to get a feel for what it is. You'll have a ton of followers and that's always cool, if you are far enough south you have the potential to catch some peacocks as well. 

Edited by GSUbasser

Go with whatever is cheapest.As stated above 90%of the time a fish sees a big swim bait,the only reason there interested is because they are curious.I just witnessed a worker at a certain lake near me pick up a mop and dip it in the water.He said "watch this". 7-9 different bass in between 3-7 pounds came up to the mop and starred dead at it.color does not matter most of the time

Go with whatever is cheapest.As stated above 90%of the time a fish sees a big swim bait,the only reason there interested is because they are curious.I just witnessed a worker at a certain lake near me pick up a mop and dip it in the water.He said "watch this". 7-9 different bass in between 3-7 pounds came up to the mop and starred dead at it.color does not matter most of the time

Yeah, but did they attack the mop?! lol I agree that most of the time color isn't important, but you need not only to attract bass but also to make them attack the bait. They attack it usually trying to eat it and an action similar to the action of the prey they eat makes them attack. Shape is important too, and I admit sometimes color makes a difference (I think a color similar to the prey bass eat may get you a couple extra bites in a season, specially from the biggest bass). Also, color can make a difference in different light levels and water color...

Yeah, but did they attack the mop?! lol I agree that most of the time color isn't important, but you need not only to attract bass but also to make them attack the bait. They attack it usually trying to eat it and an action similar to the action of the prey they eat makes them attack. Shape is important too, and I admit sometimes color makes a difference (I think a color similar to the prey bass eat may get you a couple extra bites in a season, specially from the biggest bass). Also, color can make a difference in different light levels and water color...

actually, yes they did.Had a couple slap it and a few nibbling it

And as far as getting them to attack your bait, IMO that relies on the action of the bait and how you work it.

Edited by mjw2121

actually, yes they did.Had a couple slap it and a few nibbling it

And as far as getting them to attack your bait, IMO that relies on the action of the bait and how you work it.

Yes, I agree that action is the most important thing, but I think the shape and color may help, at least in some situations...