battleshad alternative

Loganodum38

Jenko Booty Shaker:

now im not saying its just like the Battle shad, but to prove a point, i rank these baits over the Keitech, any size.  tougher plastic while at the same time softer? yeah doesnt make sense but it is, the 6" flat out gets bit, the 8" draws huge fish, from several feet away when my 7.8 keitech just wasnt. also im sure many of you are familiar with keitechs, well i found on the bigger ones (6.8/7.8) it is not as weedless as its smaller brothers and other baits do to the larger ridges. i found that the jenko has a very very unique action where its not just a tail kick or a body roll, but the body sits still whille the head and tail have insane action, if you hold it up gravity will bend it over 50/50 of the bait. throw a 12/o beast on them and hold on. AND these baits are on sale on TW for $3, i love them.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Jenko_Fishing_Booty_Shaker_Swimbait/descpage-JNKOBSB.html

Jenko Booty Shaker:

now im not saying its just like the Battle shad, but to prove a point, i rank these baits over the Keitech, any size.  tougher plastic while at the same time softer? yeah doesnt make sense but it is, the 6" flat out gets bit, the 8" draws huge fish, from several feet away when my 7.8 keitech just wasnt. also im sure many of you are familiar with keitechs, well i found on the bigger ones (6.8/7.8) it is not as weedless as its smaller brothers and other baits do to the larger ridges. i found that the jenko has a very very unique action where its not just a tail kick or a body roll, but the body sits still whille the head and tail have insane action, if you hold it up gravity will bend it over 50/50 of the bait. throw a 12/o beast on them and hold on. AND these baits are on sale on TW for $3, i love them.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Jenko_Fishing_Booty_Shaker_Swimbait/descpage-JNKOBSB.html

do you use their hooks with them? how do you like the jig head? would typically go with a beast hook 

I bought a bunch of these in 7" and 8" a while back when they first went on sale. I get a ton of action out of these things. I rigged the 7" ones on both Jenko's 9/0 jig head and a 10/0 beast hook, and the 8" ones I rigged just on their jig head. Either way seems to work just fine, I tend to use weedless presentations more though. 

do you use their hooks with them? how do you like the jig head? would typically go with a beast hook

I bought their (jenko) long shank heads to go with my 2 baits. Went with ounce or ounce and a half to fish deep. Read that the big baits tend to rise up a bit from all the thump.

I couldn't find anywhere listing the weight of the 8" baits. Def a big chunk of plastic

I bought their (jenko) long shank heads to go with my 2 baits. Went with ounce or ounce and a half to fish deep. Read that the big baits tend to rise up a bit from all the thump.

I couldn't find anywhere listing the weight of the 8" baits. Def a big chunk of plastic

I put one of the 8" baits on a scale when I first got them before I put a hook in them, and it was a little over two ounces if I remember correctly. 

The 4" & 5" have produced for me and a buddy. Was considering the larger versions but haven't found much feedback on them until now, thanks for sharing. Great info on the preferred rigging, would love to hear how you like to fish the 6". Fishing the 8" weighted or weightless?

Does anyone have the weights for the 6, 7, and 8 inch? 

Edited by PRZ93

The 4" & 5" have produced for me and a buddy. Was considering the larger versions but haven't found much feedback on them until now, thanks for sharing. Great info on the preferred rigging, would love to hear how you like to fish the 6". Fishing the 8" weighted or weightless?

Does anyone have the weights for the 6, 7, and 8 inch? 

Kind of depends on your goal with the bait. If you want to throw it into grass/vegetation you will want them weedless. My plan is to fish them deep like a hudd right after ice out. So i bought the big 8" with their long shank 1.5oz jig head (so bait will be exposed top hook). The 8" is a big chunk of plastic, so you want a big hook. Nothing worse than having a great fish finally bite but come off due to not getting the hook sunk in. I also fish waters with pickerel, so i dont have much desire to throw a big 8" around them and have them bite off the tail. So again, depends how you want to fish them. 

This bait30 shad is looking pretty good.. and another (taptap) shad coming soon looks great as well

I can speak for the taptap shad. Best quality, awesome detail and the tail is mesmerizing in the water. I'd say it surpasses all of these soft weedless shads by 10000000000000000000000 miles.

I can speak for the taptap shad. Best quality, awesome detail and the tail is mesmerizing in the water. I'd say it surpasses all of these soft weedless shads by 10000000000000000000000 miles.

I'd be very interested to know the manufacturer and any other deets you are able to share regarding the taptap shad, sir.