LDC Making weird noise.

CNORG

Recently bought my first Low Down Customs XH rod. Production Model. I noticed that when i reel my battles shad lure in on it, it is making a crackling noise as it goes through the eyelets. Is this normal with your guys rods? Is it just the weight of that bait? I’m using 25 pound flouro seagar abrasx.

Shimano conquest 400, trust me not the reel, i already pulled the line strictly through the eyelets, basically all i’m wondering is if anyone with a LDC hears this sound when they tilt there rod to the left or right on the retrieve.

Sometimes I get stuff like dried on dirt and stuff in the guides when I used to have a low down, usually went away with a good cleaning of the ceramic inserts.

If you’re worried about a cracked Insert that you’re not sure you can spot, run an q tip through, the cotton will get stuck on the smallest little crack.

Last thing is make sure your line doesn’t have a ish load of memory, hopefully it’s one of these problems

I don't have this rod but sometimes the guide seal glue weakens and cracks and can cause a sound. Gently wiggle your guides and you might hear it. That would be ean easy fix since it is a loose guide basically.

Edited by bigpoppabass

A couple of my Dobyns did that when I first got them. Sounded like you were using braid when you weren’t. Possibly just the sound of your line coming thru the new guides. It seems to have stopped for the most part after a season of use

Shimano conquest 400, trust me not the reel, i already pulled the line strictly through the eyelets, basically all i’m wondering is if anyone with a LDC hears this sound when they tilt there rod to the left or right on the retrieve.

I mention the reel because when you tilt shimano reels to the left and right you can hear the anti reverse pawl clicking. Can sound like the rods making the noise on retrieve. Happens on just about every shimano.

Oh ok, so basically I pulled my line strictly through eyelets and makes the noise, checked and there is absolutely no cracks in the eyelets, and I am running seagar abrasx so do you guys think it’s the memory? Also, I talked to Ben from LDC and he said he thinks it’s the vibration and how cold it is outside i my area but cannot be certain.