Huddleston files suit

azfisher

No surprise there lol. It's almost as blatant a ripoff as their S-waver clone. I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. On one hand I'm sure BPS has the resources to bury the case in years of legal tug of war if they want to, but at the same time something tells me BPS isn't exactly making the big bucks selling cheap chinese swimbait knockoffs and they might just pull them. 

If there's any IP attorneys here feel free to correct or clarify but I believe he has an obligation to enforce his patent against all known infringements. If he doesn't and others replicate his design it gets harder to defend in court when he's not going after everyone. So, even if its tied up in court for decades he's still doing what he needs to do.

If there's any IP attorneys here feel free to correct or clarify but I believe he has an obligation to enforce his patent against all known infringements. If he doesn't and others replicate his design it gets harder to defend in court when he's not going after everyone. So, even if its tied up in court for decades he's still doing what he needs to do.

I believe this is correct, unless of course the patent has expired. There was a recent TM dispute here in StL between two breweries involving a lightbulb logo. The one filing took a lot of flack due to the designs being rather different, but he pretty much had to do it.

Not a big fan of Hudd's customer service, but I can understand this if his patent is still valid.