Thursday Night DD, first big bite of the season

floridaswimb8er

I read a great article by Matt Allen on Tactical Bassin about swim jigs and Roboworm EZ Shad. I've been having a tough time finding a big bait that I can just kill and have it sink at a good rate yet still remain kind of weedless. I suck at fishing the mission Fish. I thought I'd give the Dirty Jig/EZ Shad swimbait combo a shot.

DSCN1407.jpg

This is a 3/4oz Dirty Jigs Swim Jig, it has a 6/0 hook for the big boys.

I matched this up with a 5.5" Robo Worm EZ Shad in Hologram Shad. I fished on a Dobyns 766 Savvy teamed up with a Curado 201........50lb Daiwa Samurai with a 10yd 20lb green P Line leader. Firstly, despite the heavy rod and weight of the jig, the tail really thumps the rod tip. I felt exactly what the bait was doing and even before I felt the weight of the fish, I noticed the tail just stopped thumping. This allowed me to reel down on the fish and pop her hard when I felt the weight.

Anyway in my last "putting it up" post, I was talking about not getting any big bites....that finally changed with this 10-3 Florida bass. Hell Yeah!!!!

10lbbass3.jpg

looks like I'm stoned out of my gourd but this is a combo of this fish hitting around midnight and the monkey falling off my back.

Next up, I am gonna put some time in with the Rising Son.