Roman Made Mother Chaser

teddywfish

I'm definitely curious about the price depending on the price I might just get something around the same  size from Melosh. Hopefully a swim vid will pop up soon on their insta. I've noticed a lot of these mega-sized Glide baits that the Japanese have been using. A lot of them dont impress me with the swim and action.

I really dig the swim on dockrats 14in Glide and for a hundred bucks seems like a very good deal to me. I have high hopes for the Roman made mother chaser. Hopefully more information will be available in the upcoming months

I don’t see the point. The people who would ACTUALLY toss the mother chaser would be in the tens. The majority don’t have the shoulder or the rod to toss the mother as it is. I believe the mother chaser is 16” if I remember right. Prob looking at 16-20oz anyway. Not many guys buying a custom xxxh rod for $500 to toss one bait. And not to mention the price tag on the bait. This is why people aren’t tossing the kurouto battleground 320 or dragon hustler 350. Hell, the same thing happened when the Mattlures DT 13” trout dropped. Guys went crazy cuz of the realism of the bait, but soon realized they don’t have the shoulder for a 14oz bait, don’t wanna drop the cash on a custom rod, don’t wanna sit and watch a bait like a bobber, and don’t go out chucking a bait they’re gonna get bit on twice a year. 

Completely agree with mossypumpkin on this. The bait is sort of a novelty item. Yeah. A bass will eventually eat it. But they eat lots of other baits even more readily and you won’t need to lift weights all year and blow thousands to throw them. I have some colleagues at work who insist on drinking only the finest of wine. Like $350 a bottle wine. To me, it tastes the same as the $5 a bottle wine. And they both get you hammered. Where was I? Oh yeah. Time to drink some cheap booze. 

http://www.roman-made.jp/【centurion-mind】newロッド2機種/

On a related note, roman made will be releasing a rod capable of casting up to 700grms, so im guessing that the mother chaser lure will be a similar size and weight to the 700 grm 16inch line thru trout from savagear. 

There is even a teaser video on youtube about the rod/lure combo, so it seems like this lure will be a new product that will be sold.

Why does the second video start out with a title screen saying "black president" hahah is that the name of the bait?. 

It's gonna take me a while to wrap my mind around the whole Japanese giant bait thing. Like I sort of get it but if those guys spent half as much time dialing in their spots with a soft bait as they do "searching" with 20+inch baits I think they'd be hooking and landing a lot more big fish. Maybe I just have zero clue whats going on over there idk. Rad looking baits regardless.