Most expensive lure you’ve lost

Texasfishn

16 minutes ago, chefchris said:

A new style deps 250 when they first came out. 

Didnt cast it off though

i had removed it from my rod before placing the rods back in the truck, loaded the boat in the bed and placed the 250 on the tailgate or bed rail and forgot it while putting away the TM, battery, cooler etc in the truck 

drove away with it sitting on the bed of the truck, also got skunked that day and didn’t realize I most have left the bait on the tailgate until a couple days later when I went fishing again and couldn’t find it. 

Besides that couple 8” hudds due to cast offs when I first started throwing big baits. 

Lol never know what you’re gonna find in the parking lot. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the person that found it knew what they were putting their hands on..

29 minutes ago, chefchris said:

A

i had removed it from my rod before placing the rods back in the truck, loaded the boat in the bed and placed the 250 on the tailgate or bed rail and forgot it while putting away the TM, battery, cooler etc in the truck 

drove away with it sitting on the bed of the truck, also got skunked that day 

Almost did this today with my K9, put my truck in reverse and immediately remembered I didn’t put it away when I put my rod in the truck!

3 hinkle shads. snagged one over the cable in a no boating zone. casted one off (thanks 25#cxx), and (bone head of the year award)  retied , snipped off the mainline and 2 tagends instead of all 3 tagends.  threw the bait in the lake and watched as it sunk to the bottom. 

Lost my Virginity on a fishing trip when I was 16... Married her...

So far this has been my most expensive "loss" due to fishing...

And I did cast of a HPH that cost over $150 and waited like 2 years to get it.... but that's nothing compared to the above

Not expensive but irreplaceable, my original cedar Pat's perch. Fished for pike the day before and caught a few small pike. Then the next day went to a small pond to bass fish and put the pats on the setup I was using for pike the previous day.  I didn't retie the snap and it got bit by a good fish and the line snapped on the hook set. The line was most likely frayed from the Pike teeth. Fished jumped twice trying to shake the bait but it never came up again.

Well, let's go down the list....

4 Huddleston 68 specials

3 Huddleston 8 inch baits

1 Savage gear Magnum shine glide

2 Megabass 8 inch Magdrafts

2 Mike Bucca Bull shads 6 and 7 inch

Also a Mattlures Hardgill but I have another one. What REALLY sucks is I lost a 6 inch bull shad the day after catching my first fish on it, a 6lber and replaced it with a 7 inch. I took that bait to a small lake with a friend, went down the bank to fish conventional lures, came back and my buddy who had never touched a swimbait or a swimbait rod in his life looked at me and said "so, I lost your bullshad" as I looked at my birdsnested reel. Also when I lost that Magnum shine glide, I had just hooked and jumped off at least a 9lber and lost it on the very next cast.

1 hour ago, AllThingsFishing said:

I took that bait to a small lake with a friend, went down the bank to fish conventional lures, came back and my buddy who had never touched a swimbait or a swimbait rod in his life looked at me and said "so, I lost your bullshad" as I looked at my birdsnested reel. 

Still friends?

11 hours ago, greentrout said:

Still friends?

Yeah, bought me dinner and paid me back the $80 spent on that thing. Eventually got lucky and another friend fished the same spot a week or so later and snagged the tree the first guy broke off on. Pulled it in and my bull shad was still stuck to it. So I got my bait back but it definitely needs a new paint job. Sucked too because that trip was literally the first and only time that lure ever saw water

Edited by AllThingsFishing