Most expensive lure you’ve lost

Texasfishn

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, urbanhick said:

Not expensive but irreplaceable, my original cedar Pat's perch. Fished for pike the day before and caught a few small pike. Then the next day went to a small pond to bass fish and put the pats on the setup I was using for pike the previous day.  I didn't retie the snap and it got bit by a good fish and the line snapped on the hook set. The line was most likely frayed from the Pike teeth. Fished jumped twice trying to shake the bait but it never came up again.

Stay out of my Lake this is your last warning,:grin: that’s a Dep’s 250 Glide-Bait Lake not broom-stick Lake.:shock:

My most heart breaking SB lost was a 3:16 1-UP, lost that bait a week after landing a 7.13 CT LM. 1-UP got snagged on a deep rope that was floating up 5-6’ from the bottom in 25’ of water. I pulled it up to around 4’ from the surface before my line snapped, went back a few days later and the rope was gone. Ended up buying a replacement for $375 but that bait didn’t swim ½ as good as the 1 I lost, I have a feeling it was a knockoff 3:16 so basically I through $375 away.

1-UP LM.jpg

YUP 250.jpg

I lost an OG Deps 250...……………..because the rig it was tied to fell overboard after I hit a wake running across the lake.  Hudd Rod with Daiwa Luna 253. :mad:    I was in a hurry to run to my next spot before I lost daylight and like a dumbass I didn't strap down my rods.  The next day I took off work and spent three hours side scanning the area and dragging with a Carolina rigged treble hook....nothing.    Water was too murky and cold to dive it and I was running about 55 when it went over.  Just too hard to pinpoint where exactly It sank.  Still hurts thinking about it.

Edited by Seminole Slide Swimmer

27 minutes ago, Seminole Slide Swimmer said:

I lost an OG Deps 250...……………..because the rig it was tied to fell overboard after I hit a wake running across the lake.  Hudd Rod with Daiwa Luna 253. :mad:    I was in a hurry to run to my next spot before I lost daylight and like a dumbass I didn't strap down my rods.  The next day I took off work and spent three hours side scanning the area and dragging with a Carolina rigged treble hook....nothing.    Water was too murky and cold to dive it and I was running about 55 when it went over.  Just too hard to pinpoint where exactly It sank.  Still hurts thinking about it.

you throw trout baits in FL? 

34 minutes ago, Jstew75 said:

you throw trout baits in FL? 

nope, It was OG Carp colored, but don't be fooled, The big girls here will chomp a trout colored glide all day every day.  I fished with a buddy of mine who likes to throw big baits and he was throwing a trout colored hudd.  I asked the same thing and he replied  "so let me get this straight, you're telling me that if they released a bunch of stocker trout in Lake Okeechobee the bass wouldn't eat them?"    I lol'd.  Makes sense.

It's not a expensive lure but I don't have the most money soooo I was bumbed....... I have a 6 inch DFT and the thing worked so well for me and I was in love. I had caught at least 15 bass and a handful of pike in 1 day. I was so happy and it helped me get into the swimbait game. The next day Before I went out to fish I threw it once felt a tick set hook reeled in a tailless trout. Never been more bumbed about a lure.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...