Need new ideas for this spot

Grizzn n bassin

Ive got this spot I’ve been trying to figure out but haven’t been able to get bit on it. Under the walk way is about 8’ up to the bank,  around that building is about 15’ around the whole thing.

I’ve tried wake baits , mid column with a drt klash 9 and a triple trout, also tried dragging hudds, jigs and some swim jigs.

I’m surprised I’m not getting bite here and other suggestions ? Thanks !

2669E6D8-DD6C-4B16-850E-6E0C6129F3A3.jpeg

That spot looks awesome!

I might downsize from the 8in Hudd to a Hudd 68 or 6in Gill Glide during the day time... Maybe even a 6.8 Keitech

Come back at night and wake bait around the tower...Long pauses and twitched

It that's a "no go" then Give it a brake and slowroll a Soft swimmer around it

Good luck! Let us know how you do

I have fished a few spots like this in the past, no bites on spots where there you know there should be.

Try fishing it from deep in the water and working your way to the bank. Start further out than you normally would. I also worked my baits fast 1st few times, then slow rolled over the same spots.

Spot looks beautiful, goodluck!

1 hour ago, LUV-2-CATCH'EM said:

That spot looks awesome!

I might downsize from the 8in Hudd to a Hudd 68 or 6in Gill Glide during the day time... Maybe even a 6.8 Keitech

Come back at night and wake bait around the tower...Long pauses and twitched

It that's a "no go" then Give it a brake and slowroll a Soft swimmer around it

Good luck! Let us know how you do

Thanks I’ll try a 68 and a citizen today and work a rat or a  slammer around it at night. I was actually rigging up a double hudd rig last night I’m going to switch that to 68’s instead of the 8inch 

I have wasted a lot of time fishing spots like this, Even though it looks like the most obvious structure maybe there something about it that the fish don’t wanna relate to it. Stick to your confidence baits, try different angles and don’t over work that spot. Try different times of the day. If you really can’t get over that spot and want to know if there are fish there, use a weightless worm as a search tool. 

1 hour ago, Jinxd12 said:

I have fished a few spots like this in the past, no bites on spots where there you know there should be.

Try fishing it from deep in the water and working your way to the bank. Start further out than you normally would. I also worked my baits fast 1st few times, then slow rolled over the same spots.

Spot looks beautiful, goodluck!

Thanks yeah this spot is beautiful! I’ve been working back to the bank . I go up on the walkway bomb it out then walk back to the bank and fish it. I’ll have to try some more angles 

20 minutes ago, Neill Hernandez said:

Being the only visible structure and everyone knowing how bridges/docks produce fish, maybe it's pressured heavily? So the fish aren't as easily fooled? 

Well that would normally be the case but to the best of knowledge this place is not fished. It’s an old reservoir behind an horse farm ,apple orchard and a cattle farm . My area most of the people fish for catfish and trout and strippers in the river. I’m going to try it from my Jon boat and once I get a new fish finder we’ll know for sure !

31 minutes ago, Dirty Diesel said:

I have wasted a lot of time fishing spots like this, Even though it looks like the most obvious structure maybe there something about it that the fish don’t wanna relate to it. Stick to your confidence baits, try different angles and don’t over work that spot. Try different times of the day. If you really can’t get over that spot and want to know if there are fish there, use a weightless worm as a search tool. 

I’ll probably end up doing that just to see if there’s anything going on down there. Haven’t ran any weightless worms might have to break out the zoom bag . 

Tricky spots like that, where you know there is/should be a fish. I generally have a lot of luck if I beach my bait and drag it in extremely slow. Then work it like you normally would. That silent entry seems to be key around tricky fish like that