Rods for shellcrackers

Alex

On 12/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, Rogervang said:

867, it works for everything. :D

Can it handle the baitsanity? Cus my crucial feels a little weak when casting it even though it’s rated 5-8oz which is BS.....

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Can it handle the baitsanity? Cus my crucial feels a little weak when casting it even though it’s rated 5-8oz which is BS.....

867 handles the baitsanity like a dream. Extremely comfortable to throw. It loads it perfectly. 

Got my falcon lowrider in. Lifetime guarantee, nice handle length, came with free rod sock. I never used one of these micro guide rods, can't wait to try it. I already have an awesome custom fiberglass rod married to a curado for the g2 but it is rated to 1 oz. I am hoping this great g2 rod also extends my bait options as Karl suggested in his vid. I like this rod I understand it is a fiberglass blend, and priced nicely under $150. I can understand why braid users would like this one since it has tangle free guides too. 

IMG_20200102_120652.jpg

Edited by bigpoppabass

4 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Got my falcon lowrider... micro guide rods... braid users... 

IMG_20200102_120652.jpg

Micro guides are great for single line selection but don't usually play nice with a braid to leader setup, unless the connection knot never enters the guides. 

Good looking rod, Falcon has a great reputation for good reason from what I understand. 

3 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Micro guides are great for single line selection but don't usually play nice with a braid to leader setup, unless the connection knot never enters the guides. 

Good looking rod, Falcon has a great reputation for good reason from what I understand. 

Good point makes sense. Karl does a long leader connection that enters reel tho.  I don't intend to do one, but would check vid to see how he does it.  I think the answer has to do with braid being so darn thin these days. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

On 12/30/2019 at 2:11 AM, chefchris said:

I have the F5 outbreak 806, sweet light rod, but I’d get the MVT 806 instead next time. I like the build and action better on the MVT line but that outbreak 806 has been a killer rod 

That's reassuring to me, as I have the 806 Departure which is built on the same blank as the Outbreak.  I got it in the fall and have only thrown single hook baits on it so far.

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2019 at 12:29 AM, chevro1et said:

I don't own one yet, but LDC MH would be about perfect. I successfully throw a GanCraft OSA 115 (1.7oz) on my LDC heavy, the MH would be right in the sweet spot tho. 

Trying to decide between the LDC H or MH. I mostly throw TK’s, negos, wakes and 6” wcz. I use a 795 SB dobyns good for all that but i wouldn’t wanna use it for anything over 3.5oz. Think that LDC MH will be a little stouter than the comparable dobyns? 

4 minutes ago, DirtySouthGlide said:

Trying to decide between the LDC H or MH. I mostly throw TK’s, negos, wakes and 6” wcz. I use a 795 SB dobyns good for all that but i wouldn’t wanna use it for anything over 3.5oz. Think that LDC MH will be a little stouter than the comparable dobyns? 

I have never fished a Dobyns so I can't make a comparison there.  I find the LDC heavy to be really versatile.