Giant jerkbaits that are worth a dang

basssavage24/7

I've been trying to do find a jerkbait that's actually worth something. I picked up that bomber saltwater long a it was all right. And I picked up a Livingston jerk master 254.  Went out swim testing at  and it was all right

but I was having a hard time getting consistency where would  left or right with the current. Especially with the current changing constantly in a river system. I was fishing for trout and was trying to find ultimate big bait when it comes to jerkbaits because trout absolutely crushed jerkbaits.  Was thinking about trying Smitty's Thumper tail. Its a musky bait.

But the thing I come to realize when it comes to oversized jerkbait it's hard to find something that has the exact jerkbait action of a KVD or huskyjerk and the mega Bass when it comes to oversized jerkbaits. Is there anything that comes close to what I'm looking for? Fresh or saltwater? 

Here's a pic of the Livingston for size reference next to a 250 I'd give you a better idea. I did get slam on Livingston when I was out on the pause. 

20200620_174717.jpg

20200620_174742_Burst01.jpg

The megabass kanata is a sick big jerkbait. As close to the 110 as you’ll probably get. 1oz weight and 6.25” 

another option is too take that bomber and load it with water or small buckshot to it reaches the right action. 

we load cotton cordell red fins with 10cc of water or 33 bbs to make em cast further and crankdown, then tweak em more with hook configurations 

9 hours ago, chefchris said:

The megabass katana is a sick big jerkbait. As close to the 110 as you’ll probably get. 1oz weight. 

I haven't bought one yet. My friend had one and I was really impread with the action on that, but it was a Mega bass product and they make great stuff. 

I will have to look into the the bomber A mods.

4 hours ago, Kyle1387 said:

I wonder if pike gliders would be worth a try. Very similar action but more readily available without having to mod them

I've been looking at some like the Smittys jerk bait line up and the 9 inch grandma.  Has anyone tried any of the super shadow rap?

Update on the Livingston after playing around it seems it likes to be work pretty aggressive. I think it will will for bass and trout.

Where I think its  going to really shine the most is in the salt I'm going to give it a try if I get near the coast. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was thinking more about this the other day. Surprised no swimbait company has made a soft-hard jerkbait. Similar to a 250 with the skin. Seems to.me a great a idea. A ultra realistic 10 in trout.darting and dying would definitely be a killer

• 3 months later...