NEW Curado 300 (RUMORS)

DirtySouthGlide

Looks like it may come out on the JDM side of the world first. From what I heard today this has been floating around since the K originally came out but has just never happened. I assume that with the current state of manufacturing and shipping it may be a little bit before the US market sees it. I really hope they changed the levelwind setup but if its really only $20 more than the K I doubt it. $199 kind of scares me based on the Tranx performance at $280. I honestly don't understand the move by either Daiwa or Shimano. 

20 minutes ago, MA Frog Man said:

Looks like it may come out on the JDM side of the world first. From what I heard today this has been floating around since the K originally came out but has just never happened. I assume that with the current state of manufacturing and shipping it may be a little bit before the US market sees it. I really hope they changed the levelwind setup but if its really only $20 more than the K I doubt it. $199 kind of scares me based on the Tranx performance at $280. I honestly don't understand the move by either Daiwa or Shimano

Have you had that much trouble with Tranx reels? Ive got three 400s and my brother has a couple 300s and we haven’t had a single issue yet. We fish 50/50 salt and fresh with them. Oldest one is maybe year and a half or so, maybe it’s just a matter of time. 

2 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Have you had that much trouble with Tranx reels? Ive got three 400s and my brother has a couple 300s and we haven’t had a single issue yet. We fish 50/50 salt and fresh with them. Oldest one is maybe year and a half or so, maybe it’s just a matter of time. 

I've replaced levelwinds on a decent amount of the Tranxs I've worked on. I'd say 20%. But I also see the worst of the worst and if there was nothing wrong with the reel I probably wouldn't be seeing it. 20190826_141908_HDR.thumb.jpg.d6e7fd8ca68482715aba9a75a0129c55.jpg20190826_135533_HDR.thumb.jpg.794d7de1d669070beff1bddf17a4d0cf.jpg

8 minutes ago, MA Frog Man said:

I've replaced levelwinds on a decent amount of the Tranxs I've worked on. I'd say 20%. But I also see the worst of the worst and if there was nothing wrong with the reel I probably wouldn't be seeing it. 20190826_141908_HDR.thumb.jpg.d6e7fd8ca68482715aba9a75a0129c55.jpg20190826_135533_HDR.thumb.jpg.794d7de1d669070beff1bddf17a4d0cf.jpg

Wow, that’s pretty severe man. I haven’t opened mine up yet, perhaps I should take a peek. 

1 hour ago, bigpoppabass said:

So all of this is about a new model with a 300 spool size? New reel looks nothing like the classic green 300 series. 

Why would it? The curado has been overhauled a few times since the green ones. They have to keep the line of reels looking the same amongst the brand 

26 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Why would it? The curado has been overhauled a few times since the green ones. They have to keep the line of reels looking the same amongst the brand 

Well the old green one is selling for big money. I thought that was the discussion here.  Nope, my bad. 

10 hours ago, thastickybandit said:

Paint green glitter on the new reel... problem solved

I thought they were like bringing old coke back. Might be the wrong analogy for young peeps here. 

P.S. Haven't had need for new baitcaster in while so it's tough to keep following em. 

Edited by bigpoppabass