NEW Curado 300 (RUMORS)

DirtySouthGlide

3 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Shimano blew their shot with me when when I fished the curado 300 for a while. Side by side with my OG Lexa’s it doesn’t even compare. The Lexa was much cheaper at the time, available in three gear ratio’s instead of one, and had a bigger drag and more line capacity I believe. Casted further as well. That being said, still not thrilled on a tatula 300. I do love my tatula 200 though and might grab another. Hate the t-wing system. If Shimano is gonna remake the curado 300 they need to have some options this time. Not everyone fishes a 6.2 reel. And like brian said, I think Abu makes as good a reel as anyone. 

It’s funny how everyone has different opinions on gear. I felt the complete opposite after using the OG Lexas. They seemed like total garbage to me. Locked up mid cast many times and with different reels, bearings didn’t stay smooth very long (which is something I’ve experienced with every low pro Daiwa I’ve ever had) and they felt heavy and unbalanced. The Curado 300 is still being used. Now, the Luna 300? That’s a workhorse, bombproof, super reel. 
To each his own though and it’s good thing to have lots of options. 

I sold many 301s cuz I hoarded em. Not good haha. Two remarkable things happened with ones I have kept.

1. I have a 301 I bought from northeasttrev here on su. Cool fella. Still filled to the absolute brim with braid it came with - never had a backlash ever. Caught my pb on reel. I added the pricey counterbalanced handle to it tho. It cast about half of what I paid for the reel. Haha. 

2. You can throw a 3/8 jig on it if you want. That's insane versatility.  I have a 20 lb fluoro rig I use with my pats. Great for hitting pockets with accuracy.  So it cranks well when pitching. Bomb casts - watch bill siemental vid about it. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

5 hours ago, Jace D said:

It’s funny how everyone has different opinions on gear. I felt the complete opposite after using the OG Lexas. They seemed like total garbage to me. Locked up mid cast many times and with different reels, bearings didn’t stay smooth very long (which is something I’ve experienced with every low pro Daiwa I’ve ever had) and they felt heavy and unbalanced. The Curado 300 is still being used. Now, the Luna 300? That’s a workhorse, bombproof, super reel. 
To each his own though and it’s good thing to have lots of options. 

I think I’m the only Lexa owner ever known not to have the lock up issue on a Lexa...haha! I think I have 14 of them, all 5.1 ratio, and had one lock up ever. And it never did it again. My biggest complaint about a lot of newer reels is even the lowest ratios have a high line intake. You’re seeing 5.1 and 5.4 reels taking in 27-30” pt. I think the OG Lexa is 23”. You’re right....we need options!

3 hours ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

@Kyle1387 yea maybe it was a mistake?

612DF644-7713-45EA-AA4C-1077AC19C664.thumb.jpeg.b369d5399be1ef87dc79d08fc1cadc9b.jpeg

Not trying to disagree. Just confused lol. Icast was dogsh°t so if they did announce this they would have won haha

Also those knobs are different so that has to be real

Edited by Kyle1387
Spelling

Well gentleman you are all sincerely welcome. I think with the pictures provided by our comrade @carlsbadbassin89 we can all be sure of the NEW CURADO 300. @MA Frog Man hit me up if you need a better source. Your pro staff homies ain’t cutting it. Lol. Seriously though my source has been 100% spot on the last couple of years. This is not the first time a reel has been leaked like this by TW accidentally. I saw the same thing happen with the Curado DC. Can’t wait to get one!