Thicc’er than a snicker

Albooboo

Spent a little time today and got the joint cut/sanded along with the tail slot. I also marked and drilled out lead holes. Totally eyeballing how much lead and where it needs it. Fully anticipating that I’ll need to make several adjustments to get the right sink rate. What’s y’alls preferred sink rate for big glides?

909368BA-F4F8-480C-BC78-700A2B5DF582.jpeg

6AE79269-EEE7-4616-B6ED-D68279849FE0.jpeg

DD33880D-62FB-46A8-86A3-CF71616A3C7F.jpeg

Great work, love the carving detail. on the sink rate i prefer a bait that sinks slowly in my test tank, when weighting i like the bait to flutter to the bottom and rest with the bait upright and the hooks extended but touching the bottom..   can't wait to see the finished bait

Looks good so far! Planning to put bumper pads at the joint? Are you going for a glide or jerk motion? I only ask because it seems like there will be a ton of joint play which will lead to a more head jerk glide, whereas if you close the gap (The distance the joint travels to make contact) it'll have more of an actual glide motion. 

On 9/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, El_Weruso said:

Looks good so far! Planning to put bumper pads at the joint? Are you going for a glide or jerk motion? I only ask because it seems like there will be a ton of joint play which will lead to a more head jerk glide, whereas if you close the gap (The distance the joint travels to make contact) it'll have more of an actual glide motion. 

definitely considering and might have to add bumpers. I think the shape of the bait and the angle I cut the joint makes the gap look bigger than it is. It’s swing angle is no more than a lot of popular glides. I’m also concerned that my joint placement should have been farther back into the tail section. I’ll report back when I get it swam! Just waiting for the bait to cure now :)))