How did this year go for everyone? Hopes for next year?

Bassindon69

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is also my first full year of throwing big baits. I learned alot about my own limitations in understanding bass behavior, and caught alot of nice fish along the way. So far the total is 30 over 6#, 6 of which were over 8#. Before the year started I had caught 3 fish over 6# in 3 years of fishing. This coming year I want to catch a fish that hits the 12# mark, and keep learning how to chase really big fish.

I am thankful that I spent another year above ground :D and I caught my biggest stringer of spots. I have found out another way to fish swimbaits. Thanks KPMOB1, LukeV, Spooky007, Evans_usmc69. I found a bunch of fellow swimbaiters that want to help each other catch fish!! Thank you SU!! 8-)

1) I got a new PB of 14.9

2) two nice limits 40+

3) The wife and I won the Irvine SU tourney . :D

I guess that's it.

How about you?

I hope for a New PB 15+ or a limit over 53 lbs. You?

That's a big goal Don hope you get it next year.

For me, my goal was to break my PB on a swimbait this year of a bass over 6 lbs

Got a 8 pounder day before thanksgiving and was so thankful that it finally happen. Next year hopefully a DD.

Don that was me on the yellow z7 nitro that day when you were catching some fish for your brother.

Good year for me. 45 over 5# good amount of witch were on swimmers, new cast to catch swimbait pb- 8.66lm, learned a lot about swimbaiting big smallies too. What I consider the most important knowledge gained in 2012 was getting followers to commit and small tricks you can use to get fish to commit, making my casts counts and always being prepared for whatever might happen between cast and the boat.

Next year I wanna catch a 7+lb smallmouth on a swimbait, if it bites something else im not gonna be mad though lol. Want to break the DD line for cast to catch swimbait PB.

Fishing in general with whatever technique for 2013, I'd like to break 50 over 5#'s in public water, as always looking for the state record largemouth (12.16) and a state record smallie wouldnt make me too mad :lol: (8lbs) Im not saying they wont be on swimbaits but you never know, trophy hunter first.

Had an interesting year, started in fl caught pb and a good amount of swimbait fish. Moved back to tn started making baits for myself and actually catching fish with them. Then got burnt out on the drama and bs so I started fly fishing and that got me having fun again.

My goals this year are to catch a lm, small mouth, spot, musky, striper, brown and Rainbow trout all on home made baits. I hope to bring a little soul to thereports.

First off I would like to thank all the really cool people I have met on this site. I would also like to thank Ben. This was my first year with my LDC and man did I have fun. I caught so many fish this season and really got into the ninja night fishing for some big top water bites. I would like to thank every one I bought baits from and or traded. I am also happy to say that I got in on a few releases which made catching fish better this year as well. My swimbait collection is getting impressive. With that said my goals for next season is to devirginize all my lures that I have yet to catch fish on. Looking for that Jersey 8-9# bass. Thanks again SU

This will be my first full year throwing big baits. Last year, I caught a LOT of fish but probably less than a half dozen were over 5lb. So far this year, I have 59 over 5lb and have bumped my PB five times.

all ive seen are 3lbers...