Forum Selling Rule?

El_Weruso

There’s definitely been 2 schools of thought on this matter and that’s what makes democracy great - everyone can express their opinion.

1- some ppl are definitely against flipping baits purely for profit. 

2 -others say just move on its the way of the world.

The disappointment me to me is I feel the baits should wind up DIRECTLY in the hands of someone that's going to FISH  the bait the way they enjoy and not pass through a profiteer. When someone buys 2 baits with the sole intent  to flip them it “ robs “ a true fisherman of the opportunity to get a given bait at a reasonable price and FISH it. 

I make my money at my trade - spending time on listing an add, answering DM’s, packing a bait and going to the Post Office is a time / money losing proposition for me.

BTW - I’m well aware of the fact that we live in a capitalist society but personally I separate my capitalistic tendencies from activities that I enjoy and I do ENJOY fishing.

Finally, my opinion maybe naive but thats just the way I am.....................

Edited by Jim137a

I have my own opinions on the subject. But if this forum tries to prevent it there's countless Facebook groups and other sites the baits will get flipped on. It won't stop anything. At least here you can see who does what and interact (or not) accordingly with them. 

5 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

My question is, if he made 6 figures this year, wtf he doin flippin baits for $40 a pop :lol:

*$100 a pop. Since your so interested in my money I'm in real estate so I have some down time and a couple hundred dollars for maybe 30 minutes of work is solid to me. How long does it take you to make that at the 9-5? 

All I tried to do was sell some baits. If you didnt want them or didn't like what I was doing you could've disregarded my post like I said. Instead a bunch of people came at me sideways and when I responded its all my fault and Im the "Not Allowed". This is the only community I know that doesnt except reselling is a thing and sit behind a computer and complain like a bunch of keyboard warriors 

34 minutes ago, MKwiththeswimbaits said:

*$100 a pop. Since your so interested in my money I'm in real estate so I have some down time and a couple hundred dollars for maybe 30 minutes of work is solid to me. How long does it take you to make that at the 9-5? 

All I’m saying is if I was literally taking home $100k a year, making $200 on baits wouldn’t be worth my time. It’s not often you can actually profit $100 on a bait. This wasn’t a common circumstance. Maybe a couple times a month you’re able to do this. That’s $2400 a year. If I’m making $100k, I’m taking those few hours spent and money and either putting more into the real estate, or I’m going on cruise control. Either way, seems like petty cash with that kind of income. I don’t think anyone making $100 is flipping swimbaits to make $102k

In my opinion, the black market is exactly that, the black market. Guys are gonna go on there and do their shady business because they can. As for selling/trading baits not in hand, that is at the caution of the buyer. If you are willing to take that risk go ahead, but I don't think that it should be policed. Just understand that there is potential to get scammed. As stated by other members on this forum, "pm offers" sucks. A lot of the time I spend on the black market is just looking at cool baits and seeing what they're worth. But when I am actually looking for a bait, finally finding and and seeing "pm offers" is a terrible feeling. Just post the price you want upfront, instead of starting a bidding war between a bunch of people in separate pms. Again I don't think this should be policed, it is the black market after all, I just think it's a little shady

5 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

All I’m saying is if I was literally taking home $100k a year, making $200 on baits wouldn’t be worth my time. It’s not often you can actually profit $100 on a bait. This wasn’t a common circumstance. Maybe a couple times a month you’re able to do this. That’s $2400 a year. If I’m making $100k, I’m taking those few hours spent and money and either putting more into the real estate, or I’m going on cruise control. Either way, seems like petty cash with that kind of income. I don’t think anyone making $100 is flipping swimbaits to make $102k

I agree with you on that. This was my first time trying to resell because I knew it was such a hyped collaboration but it will also be my LAST time doing it because I would rather make friends in a community than piss them all off. I apologize for being that guy 

37 minutes ago, MKwiththeswimbaits said:

*$100 a pop Since you're so interested in my money I'm in real estate soundcloud rapping so I have some down time all the time in the world and a couple hundred dollars for maybe 30 minutes of work is solid my only source of income. How long does it take you to make that at the 9-5? your real job.

Fixed that for you. (Make sure to check out his dope beats in the sound cloud link before he makes his insta private)

4 minutes ago, 207klasher said:

*$100 a pop Since you're so interested in my money I'm in real estate soundcloud rapping so I have some down time all the time in the world and a couple hundred dollars for maybe 30 minutes of work is solid my only source of income. How long does it take you to make that at the 9-5? your real job.

Fixed that for you. (Make sure to check out his dope beats in the sound cloud link before he makes his insta private)

Hit me up if your in San Diego county. I'll sell you a house and beats.

3 minutes ago, 207klasher said:

Thank you sir. You are the hero this thread needed. 

My opinion, not that it matters.

1)Bait needs to be in possession of seller. 

2) if the bait is worth more than retail, sell if for what someone is willing to offer for it. If you think that is wrong, you don't understand that basics of capitalism. A tackle shop buys from the bait maker and puts a profit on it. MGC fishing just sold a bunch of BGC blanks yesterday over what Vanmeng Lis sells them for, for a profit. 

I would not sell a house for what I paid for it, I would make a profit. 

An art collector would not sell a Van Gogh for a loss.

I sold my old wiggle warts for a profit, I sold my old Reaction Innovations Bone Vixens and Barely Legals for a profit. 

3) If the bait is not worth more, don't buy it.

4) If I want to move a bait that is not worth more than retail, I take a hit. It's all +s and -s.

There is alot of sissies crying on here. The guy bought the baits before you (so what?) and wants to sell them. If everybody hasn't noticed yet its how he's enjoying the attention he's getting from it all. I don't know whats worse the person crying wolf or the lil girl with selling the baits. If you have to brag about how much you make- there's a 100% chance you don't make much. People with money don't flaunt it like that.