Shimano Calcutta Conquest A Casting Reel advise

Bucketmouth559

1 hour ago, Bucketmouth559 said:

by any chance is there any  way you can take a picture of them side by side (300&400) for size comparison since you have both?

Did you one better. Here’s 200-300-400. Hope it helps. 

874A394D-66A9-4215-B4DC-934634D4890D.jpeg

E681BD69-A061-420B-AE40-EE5CF1F1532B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bucketmouth559 said:

thanks Chris for clearing that up great information brother

Apologies for error, just grabbed specs from tacklewarehouse because I happened have that tab open already :mrgreen: I’m fake news. 

Edited by dqb

49 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Did you one better. Here’s 200-300-400. Hope it helps. 

874A394D-66A9-4215-B4DC-934634D4890D.jpeg

E681BD69-A061-420B-AE40-EE5CF1F1532B.jpeg

thanks for the picture ... nice collection  ... seems like 400 would be the way to go being, their the same price  on tackle warehouse ,same  size  besides one carry more line then the other would that be correct to say 

@Bucketmouth559 my issue with getting the 300 was I couldn't find any deals on em, even eBay and some of the Japanese sites the 400 was always a better deal, seems like they either go big reel or tiny reel. So the 400 was a no brainer, i was shocked at how much smaller it was the regular calcutta, i need two more for next season and then my line up is complete. 

10 hours ago, Bucketmouth559 said:

thanks for the picture ... nice collection  ... seems like 400 would be the way to go being, their the same price  on tackle warehouse ,same  size  besides one carry more line then the other would that be correct to say 

Wow. Looks like there is not too much difference in diameter from the 200 to 400, just width. Nice comparison

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but wanted to ask @chefchris  how he liked the Ryoga compared to the Conquest. 

I’m looking for a higher end reel for my Loomis 965 rod - mainly throwing 2 to 4 ounce treble bait hooks on it. The ryoga caught my eye but this thread has me thinking Conquest. 

49 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but wanted to ask @chefchris  how he liked the Ryoga compared to the Conquest

I’m looking for a higher end reel for my Loomis 965 rod - mainly throwing 2 to 4 ounce treble bait hooks on it. The ryoga caught my eye but this thread has me thinking Conquest

There are both sick reels. 
I have the ryoga 1520 on my 786 custom which I use as an all around stick, soft baits and treble baits up to 4.5oz. 
it’s smooth, holds plenty of line, looks and feels solid, but I’m not getting the casting distance out of it like the conquest or the z2020. That’s probably more to do with me adjusting the controls and spool tension. I’ll be adding another one probably next season to round out the set ups. Again I scored mine on eBay brand new from japan for $414. 

I recently scored a SLP version 1016, that has the deep spool and all kinds of upgrades that’s silly nice. Going on a custom 805 this spring. 

3 hours ago, chefchris said:

There are both sick reels. 
I have the ryoga 1520 on my 786 custom which I use as an all around stick, soft baits and treble baits up to 4.5oz. 
it’s smooth, holds plenty of line, looks and feels solid, but I’m not getting the casting distance out of it like the conquest or the z2020. That’s probably more to do with me adjusting the controls and spool tension. I’ll be adding another one probably next season to round out the set ups. Again I scored mine on eBay brand new from japan for $414. 

I recently scored a SLP version 1016, that has the deep spool and all kinds of upgrades that’s silly nice. Going on a custom 805 this spring. 

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll be searching eBay for deals on the conquest.  

‘’Sounds like I can’t go wrong with either reel but if I could score a conquest for $400 I’d be a happy camper. 

7 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll be searching eBay for deals on the conquest.  

‘’Sounds like I can’t go wrong with either reel but if I could score a conquest for $400 I’d be a happy camper. 

You can do that for sure. Probably in the black market here even. A 400 just sold for $375 so deals can be had on them. 

7 hours ago, 18RangerZ520L said:

Get the 400 size.  Like has been mentioned, they palm great and don't feel lile a 400 size reel.  I've got 6 of the Conquest 400A's, I love em'.

50702434357_a315be60af_k.jpg

What’s the lightest line you’re throwing on a 400? Nice looking Arsenal!

update; so i got the 400 and it just didn't look right on my rod seem and felt to big (wide) thanks to tackle warehouse  they allow me to exchange it for the 300 and that's the perfect fit and feel for my rod size.  looks great can't wait to catch a pig on it.  just an f.y.i if your rod is only a heavy go with 300 will fit better .. extra heavy or xx heavy should get the 400