New swimbait reel from shimano.

japanesebassman

There was a video released from a couple Japanese Shimano reps released about 5 hours ago, and it looks like they are releasing Shimano Scorpion Monster Drive, in a 300 size, and an XG model. The Scorpion DC 101 HG from 2017 is my favorite reel made, so I am pretty hype about this one coming out, definitely will be buying. They are also releasing a new Antares DC and a new Scorpion DC on top of the Scorpion Monster drive. The monster drive does not have a DC braking system though. 

Edited by japanesebassman

reshelled tranx! this reel was designed for big bait fishermen in japan who target Japanese Sea Bass. I dont expect much to be different other than color accents. I am looking forward to the potential that with a tranx now overseas, hedgehog studio and other companies that make after market parts will start making it possible to pimp your tranx!!

12 hours ago, Bass the east said:

@japanesebassman what’s are the specs?

If you are asking regarding the Scorpion Monster Drive, it’s a 300 size reel, with a  different looking braking system. They are going to release a 7.9:1 gear ratio. It is also saltwater safe, so all the striper dudes out there have no worry.

6A590BE7-3A0B-4A0B-918C-F79C09280554.png

12 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Love my scorpion DC.... Looks like I gotta start saving!!! They should've kept it black, I hate the silver/chrome colors

Agreed, the black looked wayyyyy cooler. The new scorpion DC is going to have. 150 size spool opposed to the 100 size they had last time, and it will also have an MGL spool. The braking system will stay the same.

9 hours ago, japanesebassman said:

If you are asking regarding the Scorpion Monster Drive, it’s a 300 size reel, with a  different looking braking system. They are going to release a 7.9:1 gear ratio. It is also saltwater safe, so all the striper dudes out there have no worry.

6A590BE7-3A0B-4A0B-918C-F79C09280554.png

What about the main and pinion gears, new material? Also what’s the line capacity of the scorpion DC?