Stupid. Carp.

Shane Snell

On 1/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, danthefisherman said:

Hah I can't even catch a carp when I'm trying to. Must've been a fun fight regardless.

Lol, yeah it was. At first... I thought FOR SURE, I finally had my Big Guuurrrl. My Oregon DD. And then I felt how it was fighting. I was like “Either this is the biggest bass I’ve ever hooked, a 3 lber that’s foul hooked or, a stupid friggen carp. I died a little inside when it was the carp. I almost stopped reeling for a split second out of disappointment. Then I realized that I wasn’t in the mood to lose a Bulldozer, to a carp. Lol. Heck of a fight though. 

On 1/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, Volfan said:

I’d lip that.

You, sir.... are a braver man than I. Those things kinda gross me out. The ones here in Oregon, stink real bad. I’m not sure if it’s like that every where or just this body of water. I did end up lipping it eventually. It thrashed on the bank and ended up with all 6 hooks in it. So I had to get em out. 

On 1/23/2021 at 1:16 PM, CG_Fishes said:

I have specifically targeted feeding carp with keitechs in the past, it's actually a lot of fun

not going to lie, I actively fish for them with hair jigs and have caught some on keitechs. In fact, carp season is coming up LOL

On 1/23/2021 at 3:42 PM, BigBaiter said:

I love catchin' them on a fly rod. A 20+ pounder is superb sport. Way more fun than bass. Sorry...

Here’s a little redemption for ya Shane lol.  Those freshwater mud marlins are a blast on the skinny rods.  Couldn’t even imagine a 20+ on a 5wt.  Nothing compares to force feeding them the arrow tho

E3462719-B18D-4D96-A9FE-7CBE84C1053F.jpeg

C64A8BAF-154B-47E2-B344-287C0DD02D3B.jpeg

Edited by bake and waker