Triton Mike, The Bull Shad and "The Shocking Truth"

High Power Swimbaits

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough and I appreciate your honesty in the collaboration it took to get your bait to work correctly. I know some guys could care less how a bait comes to fruition but it really is the hours behind the scenes working out all the details that makes all the difference at the end of the day when its time to go fishing. Guys that work hard to make good baits and maintain integrity are in short supply these days as everyones jumping in the ring to meet the demand for swimbaits.

Much respect and thanks for addressing my post.

JK

It is always good to hear the truth.

Nice to hear your side Randall! I know your story gets deleted on other sites so it's nice that it can be out here for everyone to see.

Aint that the truth brother, that is why I love this site, no punched being pulled here. :lol:

I hadn't heard or know much about the story with the DNR fish and all, but I recently went fishing with Mr. Bucca about two weeks ago. I was hoping to go on a trip with Mr. Kirkpatrick, but he was unavailable, which is totally fine btw. And the way you put it Mr. Kirkpatrick is like your saying Mr. Bucca isnt that great a big bait fisherman, or cant make great baits. Fishing with him opened my eyes to some techniques i hadnt tried before or thought about trying. We were fishing on Lake Allatoona if it makes a difference. I came away from that trip thinkingg Mr. Bucca was a very good fisherman with a knack for locating fish under tough conditions (48 degrees air, 52 water temp, windy). I personally saw the tree on a step bank where Mr. Bucca has caught a nine pounder, thats very big on allatoona due to lack of cover, the small amount of big fish, and voracious spotted bass. Ive previously owned a gen 1 bull shad and thought it was a good bait, and I had the opportunity to fish the gen 2 bait which isnt out yet, and i think its going to be even better then the first one. I do have a freestyle shad, so i can make comparisons, although probably not highly regarded. Anyway, thats all my opinion, Im 16 years old been fishing all my life, and have been in swimbaits for two years and counting. Ive caight some big fish, and will always be learning. I would definitely still like to fish with you in the future Mr. Kirkpatrick.

-Dan McBryan

Randall -

I have two comments about your post:

(1) To me the photos of the bass held by Mike and the DNR employee are not proof of anything. The photos show two different sides of the alledged shocked bass held by two different people. In addition the difference in photo resolution makes it very difficult if not impossible to confirm that they show the same fish.

(2) I believe you had previously posted fishing reports online (at wmi.org?) which stated that you and your clients had caught fish on the Bull Shad. I'm puzzled why as a guide you would credit a bait that you were having so many problems with.

Best regards,

Tim in Kent, WA

After looking at that pic again I am convinced that those are the same fish...high resolution or not its pretty obvious they are the same fish. The other thing that lends credence to the idea that these fish were posed is the fact he's holding up two fish and one has the bait hooked in the fishes mouth all hooked up to the rod. Its not unusual to snap a fish with the lure in its mouth right after its caught but to then grab another one to pose next to it seems strange to me......definitely makes you wonder...

Randall -

I have two comments about your post:

(1) To me the photos of the bass held by Mike and the DNR employee are not proof of anything. The photos show two different sides of the alledged shocked bass held by two different people. In addition the difference in photo resolution makes it very difficult if not impossible to confirm that they show the same fish.

(2) I believe you had previously posted fishing reports online (at wmi.org?) which stated that you and your clients had caught fish on the Bull Shad. I'm puzzled why as a guide you would credit a bait that you were having so many problems with.

Best regards,

Tim in Kent, WA

The guy I have been waiting for. Tim Bartle. Been wanting to call you out. Bought a bait from me and had it shipped all the way to Washington just for Mike. :lol: Just another Poser. This has already been covererd before. My first bait was good hand selcted by Mike. The rest not so good. Simple as that. I case you missed it Mike was set up, caught and the DNR guy has said he gave Mike the fish. Go somewhere else with that stuff.

I hadn't heard or know much about the story with the DNR fish and all, but I recently went fishing with Mr. Bucca about two weeks ago. I was hoping to go on a trip with Mr. Kirkpatrick, but he was unavailable, which is totally fine btw. And the way you put it Mr. Kirkpatrick is like your saying Mr. Bucca isnt that great a big bait fisherman, or cant make great baits. Fishing with him opened my eyes to some techniques i hadnt tried before or thought about trying. We were fishing on Lake Allatoona if it makes a difference. I came away from that trip thinkingg Mr. Bucca was a very good fisherman with a knack for locating fish under tough conditions (48 degrees air, 52 water temp, windy). I personally saw the tree on a step bank where Mr. Bucca has caught a nine pounder, thats very big on allatoona due to lack of cover, the small amount of big fish, and voracious spotted bass. Ive previously owned a gen 1 bull shad and thought it was a good bait, and I had the opportunity to fish the gen 2 bait which isnt out yet, and i think its going to be even better then the first one. I do have a freestyle shad, so i can make comparisons, although probably not highly regarded. Anyway, thats all my opinion, Im 16 years old been fishing all my life, and have been in swimbaits for two years and counting. Ive caight some big fish, and will always be learning. I would definitely still like to fish with you in the future Mr. Kirkpatrick.

-Dan McBryan

Sounds like an honest reply to me. Mike isn't a terrible fishermen just dishonest and not as good as his dishonesty has made him look. I just want to see some big fish from him on camera with no edits now that he is cutoff from his fish supply. Two guys I know who live less than 30 minutes from Mike caught nine pounders today. So why does Mike only get one in years. If he knew how do you think he would keep fishing Allatoona and talking about how few big fish there are? Allatoona is just an easy place to guide and hide. Other lakes will show you who can really get the big fish and who knows what they are really doing.

The guy I have been waiting for. Tim Bartle. Been wanting to call you out. Bought a bait from me and had it shipped all the way to Washington just for Mike. :lol: Just another Poser. This has already been covererd before. My first bait was good hand selcted by Mike. The rest not so good. Simple as that. I case you missed it Mike was set up, caught and the DNR guy has said he gave Mike the fish. Go somewhere else with that stuff.

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or concerned that I'm the guy you have been waiting for. Hot damn I'm infamous ... and a poser to boot! By the way, what the hell is a poser anyways? What exactly have you been wanting to call me out on?

Wow, I order a bait from you in good faith and this is what I get? And to think I actually like the bait. As far as I know Mike has no idea that I even have one of your baits unless you have been sending him your customer list.

I apologize for missing a few episodes of this soap opera. I was sincere in my comments as I didn't know. "If this has been covered before" as you say, then why bring up the story again in your initial post?

I was trying to understand your side of the story and based on your response to my post I at least now know you are partially full of ish.

Mickey - You were right, this if fun!

Tim Bartle (aka Capt. Randall's White Whale)

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or concerned that I'm the guy you have been waiting for. Hot damn I'm infamous ... and a poser to boot! By the way, what the hell is a poser anyways? What exactly have you been wanting to call me out on?

Wow, I order a bait from you in good faith and this is what I get? And to think I actually like the bait. As far as I know Mike has no idea that I even have one of your baits unless you have been sending him your customer list.

I apologize for missing a few episodes of this soap opera. I was sincere in my comments as I didn't know. "If this has been covered before" as you say, then why bring up the story again in your initial post?

I was trying to understand your side of the story and based on your response to my post I at least now know you are partially full of ish.

One of Mikes former buddys told me you were ordering a bait for Mike. Had the name and the state. I sent you a couple emails asking you how you liked the bait just to see what you would say and you never replied. Then you come on here with some really crazy stuff about it not being the same fish. Seems fishy to me but I will take your word for it.

One of Mikes former buddys told me you were ordering a bait for Mike. Had the name and the state. I sent you a couple emails asking you how you liked the bait just to see what you would say and you never replied. Then you come on here with some really crazy stuff about it not being the same fish. Seems fishy to me but I will take your word for it.

I hope you haven't relied on this former buddy of Mike's for any other information because the bait is sitting next to me and he is definitely full of ish. The last e-mail I have from you was to confirm that I had received the bait. I don't recall any subsequent e-mail messages asking about how I liked the bait. I apologize if I didn't respond to a request for feedback on the bait. If you want I'll take a picture of your bait next to tomorrow's copy of the Seattle Times. Somebody has been messing with you and it isn't me.

My comments about the photos stand. To me, the photos by themselves don't prove that it is the same fish as the photos are of different orientations and quality. I saw those photos for the very first time on your website late last year. There wasn't much of an explanation on your website at the time and that is why I posted my comments here in response to your post.

Based on the ish that Mike's former buddy said about me, I'm going to remain skeptical about the story as I have no idea who the people are that have been providing you information.

Tim