Split ring pliers

jiggerjake

Orange are for the smaller rings, up to about size 4-5, the green will cover 5,6 and 7. Those are the largest sizes I've used with the green ones. I just bought a pair of Xurons and don't like them at all. The Texas Tackle pliers seem to hold the ring open at about 90* from the tip of the pliers,. The Xuron angles the ring back towards the shaft of the pliers, back towards you and I found them extremely hard to handle the rings when installing and stuck the first two hooks in my hand, haven't picked em up since

17 minutes ago, azfisher said:

Orange are for the smaller rings, up to about size 4-5, the green will cover 5,6 and 7. Those are the largest sizes I've used with the green ones. I just bought a pair of Xurons and don't like them at all. The Texas Tackle pliers seem to hold the ring open at about 90* from the tip of the pliers,. The Xuron angles the ring back towards the shaft of the pliers, back towards you and I found them extremely hard to handle the rings when installing and stuck the first two hooks in my hand, haven't picked em up since

What I love my xurons , just had to get use too the angle of the split so i can totally understand 

2 hours ago, lurejunkie said:

+1

3 hours ago, azfisher said:

Orange and green

+2 I used several other brands before getting a pair of Texas Tackle brand. They don't warp or get loose/misaligned like the others I used. Orange will cover most of your needs but I have used my green pair more and more as I continue to go down this rabbit hole that is swimbaiting and bigger baits. Great investment.