Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

Nice review Travis. Has any one used the Roman Made Trick ? I was just informed by Micky99 that I won one at the Worcester show last weekend. I'm not sure if it's a lipless or lipped bait that I won, but, I can't wait to toss it in the spring.

Micky99 - If you see this can you get back to me on the winnings, thanks...508-795-5965

Here's only video I have of a lipless trick. Congrats :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DktM4kyUJGw

• 4 months later...

May be sort of off topic but I have a few RM Mother baits and 1 (2-piece) in particular has always pulled to 1 side. If I twitch the rod tip I can get it to glide manually but if I just slow roll, it holds to the right as it comes in and wont glide on its own. All my other Mother baits glide just fine. Ive tried swapping out hooks, lead tape, rubber bands in the joint, all the tips & tricks and she's still being a pain in the ass. RM is really whiny when it comes to guys who custom paint their baits and this one is a custom paint so sending it back may or may not be an option. Just curiou if anyone knows anybody who knows how to properly tune these things. Supposedly they come "tuned" perfect from the factory but not every bait. Any help guys?

If you had it painted, something in that process probably threw it out of balance. Or any of the other things you tried. If it ran poorly out of the box, I'd of questioned it then, not after a lot of mods. Maybe one of the custom guys on here can tune it for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...