Traveling Possum in NJ

Mkel83

Took the traveling CL8 possum out to a couple new spots today. Got absolutely drenched but was paid off for it. Big girl had me wrapped around something to the point where I gave her slack for a good 10 seconds to get loose. Slow year of fishing for me so big shoutout to @chefchris for the donation of this bait to light the fire to go explore a little today. Two fish total on the baby possum.. 5.5lber and the smaller one was 2.5lbs (didn’t weigh it). E5DFEA46-F75C-4C81-82E6-F2A478D3C8E4.thumb.jpeg.3f6d952b77d7243d748b04d8e8415507.jpeg4030EB2B-A331-48DF-91FD-74309184AAFD.thumb.jpeg.0d550f1807cf431187b970f57497e5b4.jpegE4FA8183-F142-474A-B7C5-7E203D5946DA.thumb.jpeg.d7ff54136d7aad69d814227cf5afd19c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mkel83 said:

Took the traveling CL8 possum out to a couple new spots today. Got absolutely drenched but was paid off for it. Big girl had me wrapped around something to the point where I gave her slack for a good 10 seconds to get loose. Slow year of fishing for me so big shoutout to @chefchris for the donation of this bait to light the fire to go explore a little today. Two fish total on the baby possum.. 5.5lber and the smaller one was 2.5lbs (didn’t weigh it). E5DFEA46-F75C-4C81-82E6-F2A478D3C8E4.thumb.jpeg.3f6d952b77d7243d748b04d8e8415507.jpeg4030EB2B-A331-48DF-91FD-74309184AAFD.thumb.jpeg.0d550f1807cf431187b970f57497e5b4.jpeg

Nice man, glad you stuck some fish on it. It’s one of my all time favorite baits, and the reason why I wanted to donate it. I think it’s a must have. Seems like a lot of people are worried about the weight/size and I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the resistance while fishing it, but I think it’s an awesome bait, especially the wake/shallow crankdown versions, nice work man. A 5 is nice fish anywhere imho 

6 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Nice man, glad you stuck some fish on it. It’s one of my all time favorite baits, and the reason why I wanted to donate it. I think it’s a must have. Seems like a lot of people are worried about the weight/size and I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the resistance while fishing it, but I think it’s an awesome bait, especially the wake/shallow crankdown versions, nice work man. A 5 is nice fish anywhere imho 

I’m going to be getting one in the near future. I threw it on my Dobyns Fury 65# braid to 20# mono on a Superduty GX3. I had no issues. I was bombing it. 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

I’m going to have to put more time into mine. 

16 hours ago, SacPig916 said:

This traveling bait thing is so awesome..  Nice a very nice NJ tank!!!  

Maybe a traveling sac pig rat can happen in the near future?  I'd sign up for that 

Edited by SumoNinja

3 minutes ago, SacPig916 said:

I want to do it, who do I talk to?

You can set it up yourself, just start a thread offering the bait and have people respond to it saying they’re in. I just started one this morning with a toxic wnc. Id sign up for your rat lol

6 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

You can set it up yourself, just start a thread offering the bait and have people respond to it saying they’re in. I just started one this morning with a toxic wnc. Id sign up for your rat lol

Ok, I will get a rat going for it in the next few days.  I thought SU had like a dedicated person to contact for this.