Review Request - 3:16 Workhorse

jsop

The workhorses name is spot on cause it does work. I have no problem paying $250 for one. I think they went up cause everything else went up in price. It's in my top 3 favorite glides. Its up to you if it's worth the price. Some guys wouldnt buy them if they were $10.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 8:58 AM, Bass the east said:

Mickey may be arrogant but his products are top notch and he stands by the quality and durability. You get what you pay for with his baits

how is mickey arrogant? ive heard that people just wont buy his baits i just dont know why.

9 hours ago, jp_midwest said:

how is mickey arrogant? ive heard that people just wont buy his baits i just dont know why.

I dunno about arrogant, more like how Mohamed Ali used to talk himself up and ish talk his opponent…your only an "Not Allowed" if you can’t back it up. People don’t like to hear things that make them feel less than.

Edited by brootalititties

• 5 weeks later...

I got one on the last pre sale. Had to wait a long time for the bait because he got into a motorcycle accident or something.  I love the bait. I opened up my eyes to what a higher end glide bait can do. Before I was throwing storm arashi's which arent bad at all I catch fish on both. This bait just can be worked differently than my other glides and the slower sink works well for how I fish. It cuts back and forth tight and on a steady retrieve it does well. Idk I never heard anything bad about the guy until swimbait memes and the swimbait reviews BS. 

The guy makes a good bait and it's up to you if you want to drop the coin or not

I can’t speak to Mickeys arrogance 1 way or the other but I will say that the Workhorse is 1 of the nicest glides I’ve thrown. I have my fair share of glides and the Workhorse in my opinion is my favorite hands down. It doesn’t blow out like other glides on a faster retrieve and you can get it to do really sharp quick glides around cover/structure or get the bigger more mellow glides for open water applications. I don’t know if its worth the money to you but thats also all personal opinion just like some people will say I’m full of it for saying the Workhorse is as good as I say it is. 

• 1 month later...

I have many different glides. I use my work horse a lot ( along with my Kok glide that is fire).  I bought a couple from his most recent two drops. I like how they sink slowly and you can really work them at different speed. As mentioned already, they have a sharp turn to them when they are gliding and they respond well to a mixture of retrieves. 

Just Seen this topic, I received a 3:16 Workhorse and don't really know too much about them due to the fact my confidence with glides is zero. Looking forward to giving it a shot.. If i don't like it..How is the trade market and value for them.. Also, any insight on ways to fish it will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

9 hours ago, TopWaterMafia said:

Just Seen this topic, I received a 3:16 Workhorse and don't really know too much about them due to the fact my confidence with glides is zero. Looking forward to giving it a shot.. If i don't like it..How is the trade market and value for them.. Also, any insight on ways to fish it will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Pretty versitile bait. Burn it, slow wide glide, reel chops or rod pops it does it all