Megabass and Shimano?

Secretly Beloved

Hey might want to pickup your choice of Megabass and Shimano products. Just got word that the prices are going to raise, might also be the time to do some custom rod building. TackleTrap prices have gone up. https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1066

Thanks for the heads up. I just did a quick search on the Plano 3700 Terminal Tackle box. IIRC the MSRP has been $49.99 since it came out. Sportsman's Outfitters has it on sale from $59.99 for $49.99, BPS has it for $59.99 and TW has it at $54.99. Outside of TW (10%) it looks like the MSRP has seen a 20% increase in January. The 3600 now has a $49.99 MSRP.

I'm gonna say this not reflective of inflation.  25% price increase is much higher than actual inflation percentages.

I've heard the cost of shipping overseas has sky rocketed.  It's either that or they are really proud of their products.

25% is a super aggressive price increase without added value.

3 minutes ago, Snookonfly said:

I'm gonna say this not reflective of inflation.  25% price increase is much higher than actual inflation percentages.

I've heard the cost of shipping overseas has sky rocketed.  It's either that or they are really proud of their products.

25% is a super aggressive price increase without added value.

Lower priced items are going to see a bigger increase compared to the high end stuff, it's an easy way to increase margins without making a $600 rod cost $1000.

Also, inflation is only a small part of it. In addition to cost of materials increasing, cost of doing business is increasing (materials, labor, insurance, taxes, fuel, electricity, etc etc etc). It's a vicious circle, don't expect it to get better.