Has anyone recieved email about TW data breach claim?

MA Frog Man

The posted email says Sports Warehouse. Is that the DBA of TackleWarehouse?

If it is, I'm not sure if there has been a settlement or judgement vs they want you to participate in the class action suit.

Several years ago Cabela's settled a lawsuit over one of their phone lines didn't state some disclaimer that is required to do business in CA. Maybe that the call maybe recorded. All you had to do was go to the website and it would tell you how many times you had used the line and been violated thereby eligible for the amount times the number of calls. Cabela's CEO sent out a letter/email requesting all customers file for the maximum amount eligible. Reasoning was Cabela's would rather the money go to it's customers than the lawyers. Whatever wasn't claimed was split among the attorneys.

I’ve received similar emails and I never purchased anything from TW anywhere around the time of the Data Breach and have not purchased anything from them or their affiliates since. This came up awhile back (emails and/or texts like this) and the consensus was that it was a scam. 

First, was your data breached after making a purchase from TW? 
Second, click on the senders email and see if it’s legit. Either way, if you were affected, use the contact info in the link @Jim137aprovided to be on the safe side. 

Edited by SVT THUNDER
Sp

Yes. I got the same message.  I figured it was a scam. It just sucks with all the scam stuff because a couple of them seem pretty real and I can see how some might get taken advantage of. The Chase, paypal, and Apple emails look pretty legit. 

I figured it’s scam. Would like to receive an official email from them one way or the other. But TW has trash customer service so I have low expectations for that. Feels like with the amount of respect they get, they would staffed up to run things efficiently. Seems like they chose profits over performance.

Guess I missed the glory days.

Is something going on with the tw site?

I'm trying to log in but after successfully logging in, I go to look at my acct to view a past order, instead of seeing my name I see "login" and not my name.