Can anyone tell me what knot this is?

BayAreaAngler

I’ll let you in on a little secret about knots - best fishing knot in the world is the one you can tie quickly and confidently in the dark, rain, freeezing weather etc etc when your fishing partner is smoking them and you need to change baits …………………TRUE STORY 

8 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

I’ll let you in on a little secret about knots - best fishing knot in the world is the one you can tie quickly and confidently in the dark, rain, freeezing weather etc etc when your fishing partner is smoking them and you need to change baits …………………TRUE STORY 

This is the best advice. The best knot you know is the knot you know best. 

Ya dude that looks like pain to tie….buuut. I wonder if it would help reduce the chances of your line getting tangled in the trebles? I’ve heard of dudes using little stirrer straws to keep the line from folding under the bait, wonder if this would achieve a similar result <_<

13 hours ago, Dirty Diesel said:

What is the difference between the AG chain knot and TN knot?

Apparently the name is all. I’ve heard of and seen the TN knot tied, but had never even heard of the AG chain knot. I just looked up how to tie that knot and It looks to be the exact same knot as the TN knot. Literally. 

3 hours ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Apparently the name is all. I’ve heard of and seen the TN knot tied, but had never even heard of the AG chain knot. I just looked up how to tie that knot and It looks to be the exact same knot as the TN knot. Literally. 

Haha nice!  I’m just the opposite, I have never heard of a TN knot but I’ve heard of the AG chain knot and I watched the video on how to tie it and couldn’t find the difference lol

On 11/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, WUMFL said:

Palomar and Flouro just don’t mix. Learned my lesson too many times. The “Double pitzen” isn’t overkill and is easy to tie, and never had it fail. Try it if you need a new flouro knot!

Just a good ole uni knot is one of the strongest for flouro!!  Palomar is one of the worst knots, period.  I'll have to check out the double pitzen

Edit : Looks like Pitzen is 1 step shy from a San Diago Jam!  No cross over pressure points though, solid knot.  

Edited by SacPig916

Palomar works for me all the time and I fish flouro 90% of the time on swimbaits. If you are snapping off baits, you aren't tying the knot properly and probably crossing over, twisting your line or not wetting the not before you tighten down. I also re-tie fairly often and check my line religiously for possible failures.