What lb/test Line for Hudds and Deps 250s

banks customs

a follow up.....

switched to fluoro 25lb

spent the day tossing a BaitSmith 9.5" magnum trout on a LDC XH, awesome bait + awesome rod. Thanks Eric and Ben.

added a treble trailer behind the top fin but left the single large hook on head of the bait. only had two strikes, both that i could see happen 12ft from the boat. a 4lbr gave it a double tap, no hook up and then later a wolf pack of 4lbrs following it with an fat 7lbr smashing it from the side! awesome to watch .... no hook up.

wondering if the fluoro and my knee jerk hookset are a bad match.

felt like both times i had 1/2 second hook ups before i pulled the bait away?

ugh.

a follow up.....

switched to fluoro 25lb

spent the day tossing a BaitSmith 9.5" magnum trout on a LDC XH, awesome bait + awesome rod. Thanks Eric and Ben.

added a treble trailer behind the top fin but left the single large hook on head of the bait. only had two strikes, both that i could see happen 12ft from the boat. a 4lbr gave it a double tap, no hook up and then later a wolf pack of 4lbrs following it with an fat 7lbr smashing it from the side! awesome to watch .... no hook up.

wondering if the fluoro and my knee jerk hookset are a bad match.

felt like both times i had 1/2 second hook ups before i pulled the bait away?

ugh.

I doubt you did anything wrong. That stuff just happens. They don't always eat that bait enough!

I use 25lb (big game) for hudds. When I first got my deps 250 year and a half ago, I was using 25lb (big game) and I was doing alright with it. Until I casted it off.... Now I bumped up to 30lb (big game)! And I love the safety factor of using 30lb!

• 1 year later...

I use 20 lb yozuri hybrid for non braid sbs. I like it cuz heat does not affect it like it does pure fluoro....just a tip with fluoro or copoly be sure line spool never twists when filling line onto reel...that means use a screwdriver or force line spool to the side of a box when spooling...otherwise u will have weak points.