Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

Here are my swimbait setups. They do probably 60% saltwater bass (occasionally tuna/yellowtail) and about 40% big baits in freshwater. All rods were made by me, and as you can see I enjoy bright colors.

From left to right as shown in the first pic:

1) Phenix Hybrid 869XH blank, titanium Fuji guides, split camo EVA grip. For larger multi joint baits in salt and throws the mother in freshwater. Paired with a Tranx 400. 

2) Phenix prototype 8’-2” XXH swimbait blank. Fuji guides, solid rear grip (x flock over cork tape). Just finished it  going to also throw the mother and Nate’s Juggernaut. Currently paired with a Tranx 400 but might get a Conquest 400.

3) Phenix Black Diamond 809XHJ. Titanium Fuji guides, solid blue EVA rear grip. Most versatile big bait setup I have. Tosses everything from the 250 in lakes to large a-rigs and triple trouts in salt  paired with a Tranx 400.

4) Phenix prototype 8’ xh swimbait blank. Titanium Alps guides, Carbon fiber split grip and fore grip. Weedless softbaits in saltwater and softbaits in freshwater. Paired with a Conquest 300.

5) Phenix prototype 8’ H swimbait blank. Titanium Fuji guides, solid carbon fiber rear grip. Tosses smaller a-rigs, jerkbaits, and softbaits in salt, smaller softbaits and gill baits in fresh. Paired with a Ryoga 1520H.

6) Phenix titan longfall blank (710H). Titanium Fuji guides, EVA split grip. Mainly used in salt for close quarters combat. Rod loads up AMAZING at high drag pulling bass out of structure. Throws all sorts of baits. Paired with a 13 concept A3.

7) Phenix Ultra Swimbait 800H blank, Fuji guides, x-flock over EVA split grip. All around saltwater swimbait rod and also throws smaller glides and gill baits in the lakes. Paired with Revo Toro NaCl 50.

8) Cousins 799h blank (I think that’s the model). Fuji guides, x-flock over cork tape split grip. All around saltwater swimbait rod, doesn’t make it to lakes often. Paired with a Quantum Iron 300.

9F57B8F4-3E21-46D7-B3C2-8AAA25F29144.jpeg

DB21604B-2FD1-4BD7-BF09-2C9C11001FDD.jpeg

6D0783B1-9271-4F9B-A801-6D1B7B8A6C12.jpeg

3F9264FD-36BA-45E4-8CB6-CC3587428194.jpeg

39AE1809-7D6D-4856-89B1-E9304CA427B7.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Here are my swimbait setups. They do probably 60% saltwater bass (occasionally tuna/yellowtail) and about 40% big baits in freshwater. All rods were made by me, and as you can see I enjoy bright colors.

From left to right as shown in the first pic:

1) Phenix Hybrid 869XH blank, titanium Fuji guides, split camo EVA grip. For larger multi joint baits in salt and throws the mother in freshwater. Paired with a Tranx 400. 

2) Phenix prototype 8’-2” XXH swimbait blank. Fuji guides, solid rear grip (x flock over cork tape). Just finished it  going to also throw the mother and Nate’s Juggernaut. Currently paired with a Tranx 400 but might get a Conquest 400.

3) Phenix Black Diamond 809XHJ. Titanium Fuji guides, solid blue EVA rear grip. Most versatile big bait setup I have. Tosses everything from the 250 in lakes to large a-rigs and triple trouts in salt  paired with a Tranx 400.

4) Phenix prototype 8’ xh swimbait blank. Titanium Alps guides, Carbon fiber split grip and fore grip. Weedless softbaits in saltwater and softbaits in freshwater. Paired with a Conquest 300.

5) Phenix prototype 8’ H swimbait blank. Titanium Fuji guides, solid carbon fiber rear grip. Tosses smaller a-rigs, jerkbaits, and softbaits in salt, smaller softbaits and gill baits in fresh. Paired with a Ryoga 1520H.

6) Phenix titan longfall blank (710H). Titanium Fuji guides, EVA split grip. Mainly used in salt for close quarters combat. Rod loads up AMAZING at high drag pulling bass out of structure. Throws all sorts of baits. Paired with a 13 concept A3.

7) Phenix Ultra Swimbait 800H blank, Fuji guides, x-flock over EVA split grip. All around saltwater swimbait rod and also throws smaller glides and gill baits in the lakes. Paired with Revo Toro NaCl 50.

8) Cousins 799h blank (I think that’s the model). Fuji guides, x-flock over cork tape split grip. All around saltwater swimbait rod, doesn’t make it to lakes often. Paired with a Quantum Iron 300.

Those are sick!!

• 1 month later...

picked up this piece or art from a member on here couple days ago. made by a sub company of Studio composite: Individual development. its the rods that manabu kurita uses. mine is 7 foot 8 inch rated up to 15 ounces. the short length gives me tons of control. its also super light like with out the reel maybe 12 ounces give or take.

OcAfStqYRbO9eO5ZbCDlnQ.jpg

yIkvwTwGTYWCqnOPcgMR1w.jpg

02YX8o3fR6CKah0Rj+9CpA.jpg

T+LqVHcqQyO+L4RA2rGJJQ.jpg

5lKQaXJTQKKPiDATRwLwMQ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally put the third rack up and I knew I had a problem before but.......... I just have straight issues. All MOAM except the one Phenix M1 on the bottom.

Top to bottom

-MOAM Maniac XXL

-MOAM Maniac XL (Mag/10" Hudd)

-MOAM Maniac XL (FOF)

-MOAM Psycho (hybrid)

-MOAM Psycho (FOF)

-MOAM Lunatic (hybrid)

-MOAM Lunatic (Jig)

-MOAM Maniac (Jig)

-MOAM Manica (hybrid)

-MOAM Mobile (3-8oz)

-MOAM Mobile (2-6oz)

-MOAM Mobile (1-4oz)

-Phenix M1 (1/2-3oz)

F50875A9-4E4C-4967-BE3A-7A0042C6A8E9.jpeg

Edited by kahai808

5 hours ago, kahai808 said:

Finally put the third rack up and I knew I had a problem before but.......... I just have straight issues. All MOAM except the one Phenix M1 on the bottom.

Top to bottom

-MOAM Maniac XXL

-MOAM Maniac XL (Mag/10" Hudd)

-MOAM Maniac XL (FOF)

-MOAM Psycho (hybrid)

-MOAM Psycho (FOF)

-MOAM Lunatic (hybrid)

-MOAM Lunatic (Jig)

-MOAM Maniac (Jig)

-MOAM Manica (hybrid)

-MOAM Mobile (3-8oz)

-MOAM Mobile (2-6oz)

-MOAM Mobile (1-4oz)

-Phenix M1 (1/2-3oz)

F50875A9-4E4C-4967-BE3A-7A0042C6A8E9.jpeg

Damnnnnnnn! Nice M1 :)

On 3/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, Bass the east said:

Added an f5 blk800 to the lineup

F317D245-4BCA-4B35-A3F7-AA69B9F49ABF.jpeg

Old ass post but I would love to know what you think about that F5 and how it compares to the Dobyns. Thinking about getting one of the new Blacklists but I love my Dobyns rods!