Dobyns 908 / Calcutta 401te

LDC XXH Custom 8'6" / Conquest 401

LDC Whitelabel XH / Lexa 301hsl

LDC Whitelabel H / Curado 301D

LDC Production XH Custom / Lexa 301hsl

LDC Production H / Z200hl

20190217_152856~2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the first swimbait rods I ever bought, old school 1st gen Shimano Crucial 711Mh. I just re-wrapped it with OD green thread. Havent flex coated it yet, and going to do the black xflock on the handle as well. I'll post another pic when it's done, should look pretty dope! Gonna be my dedicated TK stick. :)

15519256771898005174833195750250.jpg

Edited by Icefreak

On 12/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, tHeINFamoUS said:

Rhino Chaser, built it to throw the big heavy stuff.  First time throwing it today, it loaded nicely, hucked  the big wake and xxl mink a mile and had a nice soft bend to it. 

Tady 90 jig stick blank, cord wrap handle. Okuma Komodo 463 ss,  25 lb mono.  

CC7D21FA-65B7-4E72-8606-4B4FE0949410.jpeg

769598C5-DAEA-4E4C-86E6-7DD508B916B6.jpeg

5686940A-6BE7-43CF-94F3-EE9796CF04EB.jpeg

1791D5F5-A62A-4593-B904-C1F191040C17.jpeg

05917723-6E35-4236-8FBE-5E152FCC34B4.jpeg

Beautiful setup.

What do you think about the all day casting comfort of the paracord?  I build catfish rods with paracord for MondoCat, and love the look, but those rods sit in a rod holder 95% of the time.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, jthod said:

Beautiful setup.

What do you think about the all day casting comfort of the paracord?  I build catfish rods with paracord for MondoCat, and love the look, but those rods sit in a rod holder 95% of the time.

Thanks.  

Thats kind of a loaded question since comfort is a very individualized measure lol.  

As far as grip diameters go, this blank is a glass blend saltwater rod and has a wide diameter butt.  I added a single layer of cork tape between the blank and cord to build the total handle diameter to just over an inch which is about where I like them for a rod I'm casting and actively working.  If I was using a skinnier hybrid or graphite blank I'd double up the cork tape, shave down some hypalon then wrap cord over it, or, more than likely, just use a different material.  

In regards to texture, I haven't had any issues with it. I only seal the ends with epoxy and leave the rest untreated cause I like the grippiness of it.  It should be mentioned though, I've used and like other handle materials like tuna cord and waxed seine twine and I've met others that think it sucks cause its too rough.  I suppose if you used it and didn't like the feel of it you can always shrink some x-rap over it.  

8 hours ago, tHeINFamoUS said:

Thanks.  

Thats kind of a loaded question since comfort is a very individualized measure lol.  

As far as grip diameters go, this blank is a glass blend saltwater rod and has a wide diameter butt.  I added a single layer of cork tape between the blank and cord to build the total handle diameter to just over an inch which is about where I like them for a rod I'm casting and actively working.  If I was using a skinnier hybrid or graphite blank I'd double up the cork tape, shave down some hypalon then wrap cord over it, or, more than likely, just use a different material.  

In regards to texture, I haven't had any issues with it. I only seal the ends with epoxy and leave the rest untreated cause I like the grippiness of it.  It should be mentioned though, I've used and like other handle materials like tuna cord and waxed seine twine and I've met others that think it sucks cause its too rough.  I suppose if you used it and didn't like the feel of it you can always shrink some x-rap over it.  

Thanks for the input.

These are unsealed as well, built on a glass blank.  No cork wrap, just cord straight to the blank.  

20190307_074304.jpg

• 2 weeks later...