Reels (all members)

Hchapa09

So because I'm on a budget I'm going with the millionaire. Until I can put some cash down on a shimano @honestabe101

Millionaire is a fine reel. Ceasar hoards those things.

The JDM TD-Z version(cork knobs) is as good as any of the Shimanos in my opinion, and they are 100 cheaper. Change out the drag washers($5) and your set. Of course I'm not stickin DD's with them though.

i have a curado 300 and it fishes like a dream, low profile, comfortable, handles any bait, and you can seriously horse in fish plus it holds a good amount of line. might be more than the lexa but you get what you pay for.

Not always the case. I just got a lexa and if it holds up then its a sweet deal to me :) I have had the curados and still have DSVs and this lexa (so far) is very nice and feels right there with the others so far anyway.

So because I'm on a budget I'm going with the millionaire. Until I can put some cash down on a shimano @honestabe101

Millionaire is a fine reel. Ceasar hoards those things.

LOL save up for a shimano!? hahah j/K the millionaires on the market currently are cheaper versions... if you can find a CV-Z... let me know! I take it off your hands :D They are super reels and it would be hard to find a better one in the round reel category. Lunas are really nice too, but they dont perform as well as a CV-Z IMO. If I was saving $$ id go with a Lexa.. really nice reel and if guys like bruce have been fishing them all year with 13oz baits and boating toads, thats all the proof I need that they will stand up to abuse

If you're on a tight budget I'd recommend the shimano Cardiff 400. It won't cast as far or feel as smooth as the nicer reels but it does it's job and does it well. I have 3 Cardiffs that are going on 4 years now and still crankin'. I did have to replace the line guide pawl but I had to do that on my calcutta also. The best part is you can buy 3 Cardiffs for the price of one calcutta d.

I love the nice reels but I still use my Cardiffs cuz they work.

The best part is you can buy 3 Cardiffs for the price of one calcutta

Why ya gota steal my lines :lol::lol: I said these exact words not long ago ;) I would still use a Cardiff even though one blew completely up on a big fish. They boated so many too. The only reel to go bad on me quick was a Calcutta B , it had something wrong from the get go.

Im thinking if getting both a calcutta and a lexa but not sure watch to pair them up with. Im defiantly going to get a LDC for my birthday but not sure what other brands to look at.

More LDC's? There is a LDC for all your swmbait needs ;)

Don isn't joking. I was debating on just buying the custom MH LDC. Ended up with a MH, H and XXH LDC lol

As for the reels, I use a 201 DPV, a 201 DHSV, a 301 DSV, a 401 TE and a 401 conquest. All depends on the baits that I am throwing.