Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was fishing the Merrimack river around striper season probably 5 year ago.Hour before we ended the trip I take a long cast and strait reeling in the lure.I hook into something that felt huge turns out it was a sweater.It was ripped like The bait ripped it off of someone.The river usually has a lot of dead body's it .Thank God it was just a sweater and. Not a person.

• 5 weeks later...

Strangest thing ive came across was me and my girl hiking miles out into the woods one day. We came from the main lake a hiked 4 miles into a creek chanel that was locked down and closed from the public. At the end of the old road bed was 7 guys skateboarding shirtless getting high and having fun. The closer we got relized one of them was a girl wearing a light nude colored top, and the rest were guys. Now it doesnt seem like thats a big wow or anything but i can remember my girl saying after we left was that was the most beautiful natural woman she has ever seen before and i can honestly agree- that girl was super angelic looking. We dance alot and can cut up a dance floor like no other and trust me i see beautiful girls all night long, ,but nothing compares to the beauty that girl had going on- and she had no makeup on in the heat of summer

• 1 month later...

About 20 years ago, me and a bud were fishing Arrivaca lake, a few miles from the Mexico border, south of Tucson. Fished most of the day with a few decent fish when we decided to fish one more small cove and head home. Fished our way in and on the other side of the cove, about 35 yards away I could see something floating in the water. At first I think it's a dead turtle floating upside down, it's kind of yellow/tan/brown colored. My bud says don't go near it's gonna stink. We get a little closer and I can tell now what it is.

It's a big ol' bale of weed!! Soaking wet and moldy, smellin funky. It's about 2 feet long and a foot wide. Trash bag inside of trash bag

all wrapped up in packing tape! Probably about 25-30 lbs bale. My bud wants to take it home and dry it out. Tell him, don't think so, not getting busted for nasty, moldy dope. My bud's no longer with us, but would tell me to this day  if he were here, how much I sucked for not letting him bring it home.

A few years ago, met a Border Patrol agent that fished and told him about what we found. He says they, the smugglers would fly across the border in the dark in a glider or an ultra-light, at night and drop the stuff in the lake. They could see the reflection of the moon off the water, dump it and someone would come pick it up out of the lake. They would glide back across the border. Agent said they found a couple crashed gliders and ultra-lights over the years. Now we have fixed checkpoints everywhere with drug dogs.This lake can be kind of scary sometimes. The locals are tweakers and crazy and I have heard a firefight at night, several canyons east of the lake years ago. They shot it out for about ten minutes with the helicopters flying around with their spotlights on. It was kind of no-mans land back then, much safer now but still have to be careful.

I always say I'm going to write a book called "People you meet at boat ramps" and publish it. Just so many weirdos.

"ya fishin for shahks with that thing or what?"

"caught a fahkin 30 pounda outta here a few years ago, took em home and grilled em up!"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...