Over saturation of swimbaits and 3:16 lures.

TheGoodCat

I don't mean for this to come of negatively but does anyone else feel with the options anglers have to choose from for swimbaits that it's driving down the demand on some of lure manufacturers that have been around (Black Dog Baits and 3:16 lure company come to mind. I haven't been around the swimbait world that long but I remember two years ago it was damn near impossible to get a wake jr and in the last year they've done 3-4 preorder specials. Is 3:16 a victim of their own success?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a problem for people who were planning on flipping them to make money. For the guys who were trying to get ahold of a couple to actually fish them, it's a great opportunity.

We have a winner!

It's only a problem for people who were planning on flipping them to make money. For the guys who were trying to get ahold of a couple to actually fish them, it's a great opportunity.

Bingo! There has never been a better time to stock up on 316s the flippers are having trouble getting retail for their baits :lol: The same thing will happen to the slide swimmer, they will eventually come down to a reasonable price. I won't be paying stupid inflated prices for any bait, if everyone else did the same, the prices will eventually come down.

nope. a larger selection of baits now days dont mean anything.

theres a lot of stuff on the horizon but will they stand up to the hype?

good baits will always be good baits. there will always be a demand for proven baits.

the only reason why prices are starting to go down on a lot of these baits is because the people who really did want [to fish] them now own them.

pricing on the Deps 250s werent that bad during the spring and summer of 2013. the price tag sky rocketed once BAT rolled around.

I won't be paying stupid inflated prices for any bait, if everyone else did the same, the prices will eventually come down.

This is exactly what happened in the shoe game (and still continues today). If the masses don't pay the price, it will settle to a reasonable point... but it ain't a perfect world... Resellers will always be there... as long as there is profit to be made. Unfortunately within the fishing community as a whole, we are generally always willing to pay the price for something we want. So they'll be around for years to come.

If a guy buys a bait and it produces fish for him he doesn't sell that bait. If other guys are catching fish on those same baits then word gets out and the demand stays strong for that bait and prices can get crazy depending upon supply(remember Basstrix). If guys buy baits because of the hype and the baits don't produce like they thought they would, then they sell them. Then those baits which were once hard to get are now pretty easy to find at reasonable prices. In the end getting bites and especially big bites is the most important factor of determining the demand of a bait, hype is temporary. I will use a Hudd as an example. There is still a healthy demand for them and they have been around for a long time because they catch fish. The exception to this is the collectors. They buy and collect baits because they like that bait, for what ever reason, be it how rare it is, how good it looks, who made it etc. How well the bait produces is not very important.

If a guy buys a bait and it produces fish for him he doesn't sell that bait. If other guys are catching fish on those same baits then word gets out and the demand stays strong for that bait and prices can get crazy depending upon supply(remember Basstrix). If guys buy baits because of the hype and the baits don't produce like they thought they would, then they sell them. Then those baits which were once hard to get are now pretty easy to find at reasonable prices. In the end getting bites and especially big bites is the most important factor of determining the demand of a bait, hype is temporary. I will use a Hudd as an example. There is still a healthy demand for them and they have been around for a long time because they catch fish. The exception to this is the collectors. They buy and collect baits because they like that bait, for what ever reason, be it how rare it is, how good it looks, who made it etc. How well the bait produces is not very important.

very well put 8-)