Weedless soft baits

bassturds

I tell you, there are so many options out there, but the one that  served me well is the Keitech 8” Easy Shiner rigged on a weighted 7/0 Owner Beast hook. (They recommend 8/0-10/0).
The bait itself unrigged comes in at 2oz and can be slowed crawled along the bottom or through the water column. 

5lb-5oz NJ Largemouth who fell prey to the Keitech 8” Easy Shiner, Bluegill Flash color,  while “bank” fishing off a dam.  Was slow crawling it on the bottom and up the rip rap when this one bit. 
IMG_4626.thumb.jpeg.a4c3938fe87edd4bd8d0cec7407927f9.jpeg

Edited by Mossyback Angler

23 hours ago, bassturds said:

I love fishing soft baits like a hudd or a real prey. Real prey took over for the hudd. I never fish soft swimbaits with a beast hook.  I gotta work on that!

Dude get some beastcoast creeps. $10-12 for a two pack, flashy spinner beast hook for open water/stained or regular for most fishing situations, they’re super durable, cheap, come in a plethora of colors and are locally made in CT so helping some local dudes out to us. Danny Rago was slaying giants on em like 4-5 years ago, which is how I came to try em. The make this green/clear color I forget the name but I’ll look it up. My first trip out with them I stuck 6-7 fish off areas I tried other baits at first, super intense hits too. Pictured is my preferred color and same color Rago was crushing on. They make a sick perch color that also does really well. 

IMG_8815.jpeg

IMG_1533.png

Edited by chefchris
Pics

7 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Dude get some beastcoast creeps. $10-12 for a two pack, flashy spinner beast hook for open water/stained or regular for most fishing situations, they’re super durable, cheap, come in a plethora of colors and are locally made in CT so helping some local dudes out to us. Danny Rago was slaying giants on em like 4-5 years ago, which is how I came to try em. The make this green/clear color I forget the name but I’ll look it up. My first trip out with them I stuck 6-7 fish off areas I tried other baits at first, super intense hits too. Pictured is my preferred color and same color Rago was crushing on. They make a sick perch color that also does really well. 

IMG_8815.jpeg

IMG_1533.png

I think I got their myagi baits. I’ve been fishing their jigs. Love  supporting local companies 

The 6.5in and 8in Gambler big GZ is an awesome weedless. It has insane action and has out performed other weedless baits I have tried in weeds/grass. Best of all it is cheap! Give it a boil to soften the plastic or straighten out the tail if it is a little wonky. The packaging isn't the greatest. Use an 8/0 or 10/0 beast hook.

20231204_174329~2.jpg

20231002_212122~2.jpg

The 8" weedless hudd is literally the only soft trout bait I need, but I have a few other weedless wedgetails I like, including the Nates, Rago Alpha trouts, Dreamsmasher flying V, DC swimbaits 6.5" and the Tyrants. For non-wedgetails, I like the citizens. I probably fish the 8" weedless hudd 90% of the time though inspite of the many issues.

Pic of my first 8" weedless hudd fish, almost 11 years ago. May 17th, 2013.

may2013.jpg