Gullysreelrepair - Where is my reel...

burkekr17

Sent my Conquest DC to @GullysRR for service. Service was completed and paid for as of February 13th. I have yet to receive confirmation that my reel has been or will be returned to me.

For anyone looking to use him in the future please be aware this is how you will be treated.

423568495_1355490415109043_6005687333088251825_n.jpg

I had a similar experience with him over the winter.  He disappeared/ghosted me a few times wouldn’t respond or send even a short text update.  How hard is it to send a one line text update .. especially when you have someone’s high end gear in your possession.  Finally I kept asking and asking and after a long time he did get my stuff shipped.  Tbh I started thinking i wasn’t going to get it back.  Actually I don’t care about delays they happen, it was the ghosting that was unacceptable.  Won’t use again and you’re right folks should be aware of this.  

6 hours ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Well damn seems like reel repair service is the new pre order system for bait orders except your out of cash and a reel ..lame ..out of curiosity how do you even know if it was completed Maybe he's trying to buy more time ?? Either way lame hope it works out 

I’ll go further and say it’s the new standard for literally every service there is. I just don’t understand how people can continue to support businesses like this. 

As far as the reels, do yourself a HUGE favor and learn to service your own. I finally learned when I was in my early 20s and now I can strip a reel, lube/clean, and have it back together in about 40 minutes. Ordering parts is easy af and there’s really only a few parts that commonly have issues on reels. Stock up on pawls and worm shafts and you’re good to go

34 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I’ll go further and say it’s the new standard for literally every service there is. I just don’t understand how people can continue to support businesses like this. 

As far as the reels, do yourself a HUGE favor and learn to service your own. I finally learned when I was in my early 20s and now I can strip a reel, lube/clean, and have it back together in about 40 minutes. Ordering parts is easy af and there’s really only a few parts that commonly have issues on reels. Stock up on pawls and worm shafts and you’re good to go

Yeah, it is easy when you get the hang of it, but memory will lapse quickly tho if you don't do it alot. There are certain tricks in steps to get clutch to engage etc. I gave up a while ago, now doing only non take down cleanup oil and lube. Too many parts these days. I can open up bearing cylinder too but don't do that much. 

PS. While I have sympathy for poster not getting a response, I wonder about the condition of the reel sent. When you talk to repair guys, they always talk about reel abuse as if some customers were abusing their dogs. The yakers dunking their stuff must be loss leaders for these guys.  

1 hour ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Agreed….its like the Wild West out here these days.  Anyone with a moderate set of skills and an Instagram page full of fire emoji’s can monetize their hobbies.  That’s not to knock the folks out there doing it well, just seems like it’s too easy for the others.  

My stomach would be in knots if I had a conquest dc floating around out there.  Hope you get your reel back OP.  Most reliable service I get is from the manufacturers, you can usually call their reel service department to schedule a return for service or find an authorized tech.

Edited by tHeINFamoUS

1 hour ago, tHeINFamoUS said:

Agreed….its like the Wild West out here these days.  Anyone with a moderate set of skills and an Instagram page full of fire emoji’s can monetize their hobbies.  That’s not to knock the folks out there doing it well, just seems like it’s too easy for the others.  

My stomach would be in knots if I had a conquest dc floating around out there.  Hope you get your reel back OP.  Most reliable service I get is from the manufacturers, you can usually call their reel service department to schedule a return for service or find an authorized tech.

Lmao you just described 90% of bait makers love it

For some background - I used Alex for my two jdm conquests two years ago and it was perfect.  Fast service great communication and all that.  So there’s a good history there.  Which is also why I was so surprised this past winter with the poor service.  Ultimately I did get the reels.  Also I service the majority of my reels myself over the winter.  I just send out a couple jdm reels sometimes if I want someone with better experience and parts access since they’re high end reels.  Finally I did find other options that will consider.  Shimano usa is a great option for service but they won’t touch jdm shimano    

I don't believe gullys reel repair will scam u. He was a little slower with me too but I got my reels. I sent him 3 reels, then 2 reels and the first 3 got returned faster. The second pair was a couple weeks longer but I got them 

Damn that’s a real shame, I used Gully's reel services a year or two ago and he was great. I was hoping I’d be able to send him some reels after a wade fishing trip down in Florida. Hopefully it’s just been a really busy couple of months. 

Edited by BensBaits

Gully has been servicing my reels for years and has always been a super solid dude. We all know that things come up and life happens. Sometimes a little understanding and patience goes a long way especially in this community. We don’t always have to jump on here to drag someone’s names through the mud, that isn’t the best way to resolve anything. 

Obviously everyone’s experiences are different and you can have their own opinions, but all my experiences with gully have have been nothing but positive.