Idea here, looking for input!

appstlhd

So, the way I understand it, Yuki Ito, the founder of Megabass, brought Megabass to the U.S. by challenging tackle shop owners to a fishing duel. It just seems like such an amazing story, and I think it'd be really cool to tell it in an anime.  There's a surprising lack of fishing themed animes, there are definitely some that involve fishing, but only one that I know of that is centered around fishing. (Tsuritama and it's fantastic). Anyone else think this would be a cool idea? I have no clue about any way to bring it about in any form whatsoever, but I still think it'd be really cool to see. Lemme know what yall think?

If you could make an anime that would convey bass fishing as metal as it feels I'd watch the hell out of that. Like Fisherman Sanpei meets Baki the grappler! Could be a great way to communicate a love for the outdoors and the incredible ecosystems we get to explore.

22 minutes ago, chefchris said:

As long as it’s not 1000s of episodes or seasons that drag on and never end or go on break for years I’d watch it. Not the biggest anime fan but there’s some crazy ones out there 

Did you try to "finish" One Piece?

19 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Did you try to "finish" One Piece?

No I got into attack on titan by a friend and loved it until the seasons dragged on and took forever and did weird episode releases and it was just super annoying 

26 minutes ago, chefchris said:

No I got into attack on titan by a friend and loved it until the seasons dragged on and took forever and did weird episode releases and it was just super annoying 

There is guides to follow when watching anime to cut out useless filler.  I myself am not a HUGE fan, but I do enjoy some of them.  Not sure how I feel about a fishing anime hahaha!!

If you dislike or don't watch a lot of Anime, One Punch man really does a great job at poking fun of other anime's while still being entertaining.  

23 hours ago, appstlhd said:

There's a surprising lack of fishing themed animes, 

Mmmmm... totally true. If a bunch of ninja turtles can have their own show and become a massive success and totally iconic in American culture, fish are way overdue. 

On 3/19/2024 at 7:33 PM, appstlhd said:

So, the way I understand it, Yuki Ito, the founder of Megabass, brought Megabass to the U.S. by challenging tackle shop owners to a fishing duel. It just seems like such an amazing story, and I think it'd be really cool to tell it in an anime.  There's a surprising lack of fishing themed animes, there are definitely some that involve fishing, but only one that I know of that is centered around fishing. (Tsuritama and it's fantastic). Anyone else think this would be a cool idea? I have no clue about any way to bring it about in any form whatsoever, but I still think it'd be really cool to see. Lemme know what yall think?

initial D but instead of racing its fishing.  IM IN 

3 hours ago, ILIKEBIGBAITS said:

initial D but instead of racing its fishing.  IM IN 

Have you ever seen redline? Also a sick racing anime that’d have a sick vibe for a giant bass hunting show

4 hours ago, Crazybassfisher said:

Look up Grander Musashi, a 97-98 anime based around fishing, I have been meaning to watch it myself but it looks the part.

I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks Geoff! If you bend any ears at Megabass with this anime idea- keep us all in the loop! lol