New to Swimbaits and SU

quekua

Hey guys! I recently just got into bass fishing (swimbaits) from a buddy who gave me a 9 inch abt trout. Went out for fun and got 2 and now am hooked. Seems like watching a bass eat a giant lure right in front of your eyes has a certain affect on you. I've been looking around online and just join this website last night. Super sick to see many other people who share the same passion in throwing big baits for some bass. Anyways I wanted to expand my collection from one bait to more. I am still in school so the budget is a bit tight, but I can make a few work out. I was primary asking your guys recommendation for glide baits preferably around the $70 to $100 range. I'm always open to used items as it allow me to get a slight discount and help get rid of something from someone else. For the small amount of searching around the internet I've done, some of the popular ones seems to be the drt baits and deps, but idk anything so I may be mistaken on those. Anyways thanks for stopping by and giving this a read, have a good one. :)

8 hours ago, MurdaJ said:

You have the abt, maybe consider something that would fill a different niche: klash 9

“Perhaps something a little different…like another 9” glide” lol

jk I know it’s not the same action but I would maybe go a little further outside the box and recommend a wake bait/crankdown or even a multi joint swimmer. I’d say a wake is pretty essential for any swimbait fisherman

2 hours ago, brootalititties said:

“Perhaps something a little different…like another 9” glide” lol

jk I know it’s not the same action but I would maybe go a little further outside the box and recommend a wake bait/crankdown or even a multi joint swimmer. I’d say a wake is pretty essential for any swimbait fisherman

Did you know that the klash 9 can be waked/cranked down? Lol

9 minutes ago, BensBaits said:

If bass forage a lot on blue gills I’d recommend a toxic baits whippersnapper. I know it’s not a glide but the thing gets bit. Welcome to SU! 

Great choice, also the new abs Wade hog/jr lures at an entry level price.

5 hours ago, Splitshot said:

Welcome seeing that you have a trout I’d try a chop bait like the spro chad shad or like some one said above a Drt klash 9 and one of my personal favorites 

ms slammer. 

I haven't fully decided whether I want a k9 or a tk, is there a pros and cons to having a bigger version of one. 

27 minutes ago, BensBaits said:

If bass forage a lot on blue gills I’d recommend a toxic baits whippersnapper. I know it’s not a glide but the thing gets bit. Welcome to SU! 

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out a see, for my knowledge bass here don't really eat bluegill, but I just started so I wouldn't have much of a clue, btw I'm down in SoCal so if you guys know anything about that, and what they eat. 

Toxic abs whippernsapper (wade Hogg jr). For $65 it’s a no brainer. Better than most resin baits over $100. Toxic caught me most of my fish last year fishing in SoCal. You can even snatch the resin ones for $70-$100 on the black market.