Salt Swimmers

Efrain

To y'all who fish salt and fresh water, do you have different set-ups for both? Normally I try to keep my salt reels separate, but I wanted to know how others do it. Thanks

My setups were all salt first, freshwater second. So i had a bunch of curado 100 and 200 b, Calcutta. 

I have one quantum energy 600pt that is the only dedicated salt setup I have. Even my trout setups got to visit the salt

I try to use separate setups for fresh and salt but often it ends up being just the reels as I am generally traveling and using my travel rods on trips down to SoCal. Recently I was down for work and fished Casitas, Pyramid and Castaic with Fred Klinshaw and was out fishing around Santa Barbara in the salt and used all the same gear with a couple reels setup with heavier line that I only used in the salt and a couple lighter line reels for the lakes because I had my travel setups. IMG_9755.thumb.jpeg.fc779ca5a009d9f8f39e1fec120733bb.jpegIMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.2007093e49c30fea3cd6467348ef99d9.jpeg

Edited by Bakerlounge

I've been running the same setup in both fresh and salt for the past two years now and as long as I give the reel a good rinse after taking it out on the surf or kayak, it hasn't had a problem. I'm running a Dobyns Fury 795S MH swimbait rod with a Okuma Citrix 364LX reel. The reel is seemingly very durable and works in both pretty well. 

I'm mainly throwing the same baits for both fresh and salt too, so it works.