Rat Wake Bait

VAngler

I started making a rat-style wake bait about a month ago and had no idea what I was doing having never even owned a swimbait before. This just happened to coincide with my increasing interest in using swimbaits to chase big bass. I made 2 of them since I made few mistakes on the first one (one light brown and one dark brown). You can see a little bit of the growing progress in the pictures, but not much since I didn't document the process very well.

I took it out last Sunday night and threw around my first and crappier version since I know that if I caught one on my newer nicer version first that I'd never use the older one, but if if forced myself to use (and hopefully catch one on) the crappy one that I'd have confidence in both. I ended the night with my first swimbait fish ever on my first swimbait ever which happened to be my own creation! An all-around classic night for me that I'm sure I'll never forget. Just thought I'd share.

post-4563-14252996536569_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996539099_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996543087_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996546672_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996550532_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996554663_thumb.jpg

post-4563-14252996558206_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
That's awesome I have a similar story but with top water plugs and strippers. Good job brother nice work.

I want to hear this story about the strippers and the plugs ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...
That's awesome I have a similar story but with top water plugs and strippers. Good job brother nice work.

I want to hear this story about the strippers and the plugs ;):lol:

Me too...

Also killer looking bait men.. When I started reading I didn't expect to be seeing such a well put together bait ... Gotta be awesome to know it only costed you materials .. That's how I feel when I built and don't buy.... Props