'Derrick Wallace'

I feel for you guys sitting on long wait times, but to say that Ben is going to screw anybody out of their money is unfounded bull$hit. He's not some idiot kid in the Black Market flipping rods. Have a question, ask the man himself instead of slandering his character online.

Ben also recently had a death in the family. Sometimes stuff comes up in our lives that trumps the priorities of others. Yes, some waits are surprisingly long, but it may be due to availability of blanks and other components that are simply out of Ben's control. Best thing to do is to contact Ben to see what's going on.

I believe he is moving in to a new space. Should be in there by July 1st. Just going on what is on social media. I do know he has a lot going on at this time. Do I think someone wouldnt get what the paid for. No way!!!!!!! Wouldnt happen. I havent got a rod lately but I paid half then the rest upon completion. Has been nothing short of helpful with me.

Best rod money can buy.the wait time is horrible yes a agree.could he be a little more speedy on the wait time and communicate better yes but he is such a awesome guy and makes such a bad ass rod you either deal with it or don't.100% up to you he would NEVER screw anyone out of $ never happen.just be patient and it will get done.

Great rods, really great guy. Waited for my first two and was anxious, after I fished with them for a while I knew I needed more. Now the wait is meaningless. High quality, custom work, is supposed to take time. Ben is a great guy and I have enjoyed getting to know him just a little bit over the last year. 100% trust the dude.

He seemed very excited about the new shop and I wish him the very best with it! As for the personal tragedy in his life, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Bottom line, IMO, if you need a rod NOW go get one. If you need a high quality rod that you will be fishing for years, the wait will be well worth it.

Dang, some of yall are very committed to a good rod. Id never be able to commit to a possible 12-15 month wait time lol

I just order them in the fall, we freeze up here in the winter so I can't fish open water any ways. My last order was worth the wait, he is a one man operation with a high demand so I cut him slack on my last order. I know he was probably more stressed out than I was about the delay. Things happen in life that cause riffs in our schedules so we can always meet our expected time frames, he kept me in the loop while I waited so I just remained patient knowig I would eventually have another dope rod.  I have 20+ setups so waiting for one more doesn't impact me. His rods are a luxury item to me, they are my pride fishing posseions that i hope to pass down to my son at some point. If I only had 1 or 2 setups, I would just buy an off the shelf rod so I could get my self out on the water. All 3 of my LDC's are custom's btw.