Followers

Bigbasser

Pulled up so many fish today was like no other day I have fished first cast had a pack of about 6 monsters aggressively following the bait next cast same deal but with only two followers but much much bigger some the biggest bass I have seen in this particular lake they didn't take it either. Left for about hr n half came back threw again with same results another huge pack aggressively following it nose up to bait tried to stall the bait but they just turned around.... What do you guys do to get these followers to hit I'm fishing the bait smith mag any tips greatly appreciated I feel like I can go back tomorrow and land one if I had little more knowledge never had so many followers in one day especially being so aggressive towards each other!

One random technique i learned from Mossypumpkin on here is to kill the bait and let it just sink/shimmy on down to the bottom. Its not always a guarantee but has worked for me as a last ditch effort to try and get them to commit before the bait comes all the way back

Thanks for feedback yea I tried stalling the bait didn't do much one guy said to pull the bait out of the water then slap it back down behind them as if it were fish jumping out of water anyone have luck doing this or does this just scare them?

If they follow my bait on a slow retrieve I will normally just leave the spot for at least an hour... Come back with the same bait make the same cast... Go slow for a few feet to get there attention and then burn it! When's the last time you have seen a fish about to get eaten swim nice and slow... Gotta trigger a reaction strike!

When I get follows I usually just re fish the area I had the follow later on. Sometimes it only takes a few moments for the fish to simmer back down sometimes a whole day. 

yes or once you get a follow on the mag, switch over to a big glide such as the deps 250 which can be fished aggressively. once you see them follow the 250 give it a hard glide so the bait '' stares '' at the fish head on. usually will work for me if the they will follow a glide bait. this hard glide straight back at them will usually piss them off .... be ready for a headshot 

one guy said to pull the bait out of the water then slap it back down behind them as if it were fish jumping out of water anyone have luck doing this or does this just scare them?

I've heard Butch recommend this strategy over the figure 8 at a seminar. Essentially, he said he never figure 8's, but has had luck pulling the bait out and slapping it down like you mentioned.

I find it strange to use the term "aggressively" following a Mag. A slow steady bait isnt something I could picture getting aggressively followed on. But if theyre following that, I would do like someone said and toss a glide and burn it. Also, Try a 10" TT and twitch it like a jerkbait.

id try speeding up if they are swarming on it like that. or every once in a while make 5-6 really fast handle turns, then back to steady, then burn again, definitely burn it before it gets within site of the boat, if theres one following maybe it will commit before it sees the boat