American Made !

Nufo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread Mickey, thanks for sharing. Great questions and answers.

If I do I know I'm gonna run that damn mullet color for Rock and Dave!
:lol::lol::lol: SWEEEET!!!!

The 6" will have bass trout and shad! Perch for sure.
Now that I am really looking forward to.

If I could ask you guys something? How come you guys don't insist that the bait makers throw up some good video on all these new and great baits? You could save your self alot of time. I've been doing it for years . I do it so you know what your buying. No guessing game.
That's why we line up to buy your baits. :D

Mickey,

I look for videos online now either on YouTube, the companies site or on sites like this one. I made the mistake a few years ago of buying a bait without seeing the action. Turned out to be garbage and I basically threw away 200 bucks. I have been more careful since then. Now i just don't buy from a company if i can't find video. I have emailed companies asking for videos, one company did mail me a DVD with 50 min of footage

If I could ask you guys something? How come you guys don't insist that the bait makers throw up some good video on all these new and great baits? You could save your self alot of time. I've been doing it for years . I do it so you know what your buying. No guessing game.

Not to mention that you actually catch fish in those demo vids.

The 3:16 website is really the only manufacture's site that I go to. Most other sites are never kept up to date. Rago is still riding the BASS wins and shows the Smoothie as a "coming soon" bait. For all other baits I just cruise the e-tailer sites to see what is going on. HUT shot a bunch of videos of different baits which I found very helpful.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on new baits, if you think it fits you. You might sell it a few months later, other times you find something you really like

Mickey, I think there's a couple reasons. None of them good.

1. The bar has been set low. A lot of companies you are lucky to get a response from let alone a video.

2. I know from regular bass fishing I just buy baits that look like they can fill a need and hope they work FOR ME. Everyone fishes a little different, what works for one may not work for another, thus "reviews" can be worthless and unfortunately in some cases misleading.

I couldn't agree with you more.I love the guys that do reviews and everyone is good.Who do you think they are catering to?Why do you think you don't see these review guy doing reviews on my bait?

They are not on your pay role! Perhaps you should offer them a nice tall glass of kool aid? Hahaha.. 10 pages of swimbait talks got me fired up to smash some swimbait fish this week. Let's see some fish this week for the underground tourny guys!

Mickey,

I look for videos online now either on YouTube, the companies site or on sites like this one. I made the mistake a few years ago of buying a bait without seeing the action. Turned out to be garbage and I basically threw away 200 bucks. I have been more careful since then. Now i just don't buy from a company if i can't find video. I have emailed companies asking for videos, one company did mail me a DVD with 50 min of footage

Mind if I ask what 200 dollar bait?! I'm glad you guys are looking for video.Remember bait makers are trying to EARN your business. It should and will be the nor if I can do anything about it. This doesn't mean they kiss your ass but at least let you see the bait in the water befor you buy it.

It wasn't a single bait, I bought 3 of them without ever seeing video and the total was 200. They were the old 3 piece bull shade and they weren't anything like what I expected. He was nice and he has completely redone his baits since then, but haven't bought one of the new ones. I really wish i had detailed video of the baits action in the water before buying them.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on new baits, if you think it fits you. You might sell it a few months later, other times you find something you really like

When you have to earn your own swimbait money you'll think a little different. Right now you got it easy while your in school. Get back to me in a few years. No pun intended Chris.

This has come up a few times, Im not saying I have bills or payments to make because yes Im still a kid. But I worked through high school, I payed for my truck, boat, most of the gear myself.

My point was when you are looking at spending the $ on a bait you want it to perform obviously, but sometimes the videos/reviews are not always available. Example, the Born Again. There wasnt a video at the time, just some pictures with big fish and a recommendation from a friend. Turns out to be one of my favorite baits to fish