LDCs.........................

TacklemanTybs

so if you guys had to pick two rods to fish all the baits out there would you pick the MH and the XH or the H and the XH? or is it possible to cover all the baits with two rods? I have an XH on the way and am thinking about ordering one more but can't decide if I can cut out all my other rods with one more or not. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

so if you guys had to pick two rods to fish all the baits out there would you pick the MH and the XH or the H and the XH? or is it possible to cover all the baits with two rods? I have an XH on the way and am thinking about ordering one more but can't decide if I can cut out all my other rods with one more or not. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

While not ideal, I was throwing a baby wake last weekend on my H without any problems. I have also thrown up to a waking BA without issue.

Guess it depends on how heavy a bait you are looking to throw.

Id go with the heavy and XH.

I'd say anyone who trys to talk ish about LDC's is a jerk off who doesnt know crap about throwing swimbaits. They should stick to their dropshot rigs.

Heres my two LDC's. Both XH. Ben hooked me up with a gold grill on the bottom rod. Thats the ODB LDC! "OOO BABY I LIKE IT RAW!" HELL YEAH!

post-859-14252986209686_thumb.jpg

Id go with the heavy and XH.

I'd say anyone who trys to talk ish about LDC's is a jerk off who doesnt know crap about throwing swimbaits. They should stick to their dropshot rigs.

Heres my two LDC's. Both XH. Ben hooked me up with a gold grill on the bottom rod. Thats the ODB LDC! "OOO BABY I LIKE IT RAW!" HELL YEAH!

[attachment=0]grill.jpg[/attachment]

:lol:

"Shimmy shimmy yaw, shimmy yam, shimmy yay,

Give me the rod so I can take it away!"

Sick rods bro.

I have a XH custom and a MH production. There is a difference between the custom and production line of rods, so, which rods are you referring to? The only time I would need another rod is if I came across a 10" FS then an XXH would be necessary. Like I said in an earlier post, I can throw anything from a 4" MF- an 8" FS bass(different line and reel) . But, I wouldn't throw the bass on it regularly, I prefer the XH for that. I can't comment on the H because I've never used one.

You're crazy Jason, I'm thinking about getting 2 of each LDC :lol::lol: No way I could live with just 2 rods unless it's in the crawdad. I would think you'd be better off with the H and the XH as it's better to be overpowered on some baits than underpowered IMO

whats everyones opinion on the perfect ldc for throwing hudds on copoly production or custom?

same for trebled hard baits on copoly production or custom?

For 8" hudds I use 25 lb copoly on a custom XH. What size trebled hardbaits are you talking about. I have thrown the fs shad, gill, and herring on the production MH with 20lb copoly. As well as baby wakes and wake jrs on the same setup.

whats everyones opinion on the perfect ldc for throwing hudds on copoly production or custom?

Customs have a stiffer tip and the productions have a more parabolic action, so for me customs=single hook baits

productions= trebled hard baits

Not to say that they won't work well in reverse, but I'm fortunate enough to have multiple LDCs and this is how I prefer the rods action to be for each bait type

For 8" hudds I use 25 lb copoly on a custom XH. What size trebled hardbaits are you talking about. I have thrown the fs shad, gill, and herring on the production MH with 20lb copoly. As well as baby wakes and wake jrs on the same setup.

these are the pretty much the exact baits Im talking about that Tj..im pming you

Cant comment on the customs but my production XH's are right on the money for treble baits. I use 25 lb big game. the way it reacts when I fished a hudd it was just money! Havent caught one on the hudd but the rod fishes it perfectly and I have no doubt will be a perfect match. From what Ben told me, the customs have a fast taper to them. The Productions have a more parabolic bend. The production XH exhibits both qualitys in my experience as it casts like a med/fast or fast taper but when you put the screws to it with a heavy bait and a hard cast or when you have a fish buttoned up it bends deep into the blank. I cant say enough good about these XH's. I have been out there catchin fish on them and they are a pleasure to fish. I have two XH's and am thinking I need another one too!

Cant comment on the customs but my production XH's are right on the money for treble baits. I use 25 lb big game. the way it reacts when I fished a hudd it was just money! Havent caught one on the hudd but the rod fishes it perfectly and I have no doubt will be a perfect match. From what Ben told me, the customs have a fast taper to them. The Productions have a more parabolic bend. The production XH exhibits both qualitys in my experience as it casts like a med/fast or fast taper but when you put the screws to it with a heavy bait and a hard cast or when you have a fish buttoned up it bends deep into the blank. I cant say enough good about these XH's. I have been out there catchin fish on them and they are a pleasure to fish. I have two XH's and am thinking I need another one too!

yea and I rig my hudds with trebles to so the production xh might be fine..just curious what you guys have to say I dont wanna bug Ben until I have my mind made up

Customs have a stiffer tip and the productions have a more parabolic action, so for me customs=single hook baits

productions= trebled hard baits

Not to say that they won't work well in reverse, but I'm fortunate enough to have multiple LDCs and this is how I prefer the rods action to be for each bait type

Nailed it. Exactly how I do it.

yea and I rig my hudds with trebles to so the production xh might be fine..just curious what you guys have to say I dont wanna bug Ben until I have my mind made up

Even with the XH having a "parabolic" bend I dont see it not driving home a hudd jig hook. It has alot of horse power! Casting a 8" hudd feels like casting a spinner bait. The rod isnt stressed or strained at all. I plan on using it for my No bull frogs this summer and I hav eno doubt it will drive the hook home even on the longest cast