will a bass hit a 2nd time?

bassturds

Got this one after he hit about 7 times and out of those 7 he got the hooks twice and still hit it I have video of this as well she followed it every time I threw in her area it was pretty crazy had this happen at least 4 other times where I hooked the fish lost it and next cast or two he hit again never had this happen with any other lure except this bb bass 250 they will give it multiple shots even after being hooked

I have had the same fish hit jointed gill bait several times..probably defending fry or a bed..even getting hooked up a few times

Last night had a fish pull the Gillrilla under as I was lifting the bait out of the water. Shot the bait  into 

a holly branch. Untangled it,calmed down and pitched it back in. Fish ate at the rod tip again went

down came up jumping and shook off. Was surprised a small fish (3-4lbs)would keep railing a big bluegill glide

like that.

No freaking way it was same fish imo unless she was inhaling it and spitting like in the bigmouth vid showing a mama inhaling and releasing a crankbait. Or maybe if she was tail slapping bait. Or maybe if she was eating spiny bullheads....

Yes it was I watched the fish the whole time it was in 5 foot of gin clear water lake Murray and this is not the first time trust me it was same fish never took my eyes off her they get pissed during spawning season and hate them in there area they will hit more then once come March next year if u wanna see it for your self how territorial they get even the small ones hit me up I'll take u out and make u a beliver haha

Depends, if i hook and lose a fish ill sit down, be quiet make no casts, wait 5 or 10, line it up again with a diff color or style bait and catch a fish thats exactly a twin of not the same fish. Especially big fish. I have no doubt its the same fish but i guess its just speculation just when people say theres no way it was the same fish. For proof, Ryan Block.caught that giant last year, broke it off earlier came back caught it with half his old mag still in the fishes mouth. If a giant will do that, im sure a 6lber would have no issues re commiting. Especially if there is alor.of compitition for prey.

Edited by Ceaser

I had a fish hit a Stanley ribbit like 15 times before it stopped attacking it. I wasn't setting the hook and it was just too see how long it would keep biting it. I did have a cat that was maybe around 7-8# break my dropshot. Like 5 minutes later I caught it in a area kinda close by on a result trap of all things. It still had my red dropshot hook in it.

Yes it was I watched the fish the whole time it was in 5 foot of gin clear water lake Murray and this is not the first time trust me it was same fish never took my eyes off her they get pissed during spawning season and hate them in there area they will hit more then once come March next year if u wanna see it for your self how territorial they get even the small ones hit me up I'll take u out and make u a beliver haha

I meant to comment on first post fish.

I know this is irrelevant to swimbait fishing, but.. While ice fishing with live shiners , we had an aquaview camera on our baits, caught a walleye, released it, watched it swim back down and eat my buddies shiner. Really eye opening!

Survival of the fittest? Darwinism?

Maybe he was just really depressed? Ready to end it all?

I caught my biggest swimbait bass on the 3rd try, on a 168 S-Waver, last July. I think I pulled it from deeper water. I saw the bass following and she hit near the bank, but no hookup. She stayed near some weeds and on the 2nd cast she hits again and no hookup. Then, on the 3rd cast I was able to hook her. She didn't got the hooks the first 2 times and I was fishing from the bank and wearing camo clothes. If she saw me she may not have hit the lure again. Also, I feel that most times, unless bass are very agressive, if they get hooked and then go away they will not hit again, at least for some minutes.

Edited by mcaetano2905