Ms slammer

Honkytonk

Hello SU I'm new here and I'd like to ask a couple questions about the slammer, how does the paint hold up? And second, I was thinking about buying a couple and should I get the 7" or 9"? I've heard they're pretty much the same catches. Thanks for your time

God help you because the "use the noob section" nazis are sure to come. The paint gets beat up but it doesn't matter because the more beat up it is, the more it catches fish. Start with the 9, even small bass will hit it

Edited by Willluvstafish

I personally liked the 7" single joint the best, but as everyone says both the 9" & 7" both get bit pretty solid.

Be sure to watch the tuning video on youtube in case you gotta tune it a bit.

For paint, I let it get a good amount of hook rash and once the wood starts chipping id put a generous coat of clear nail polish or epoxy (epoxy gives off a yellowish hue).

Fun bait that's super user-friendly and gets bit.  

Get both - they have different uses, and it just looks badass when you've got them side by side.

post-17912-0-51216800-1475516005_thumb.jpg

If you're really hurting for cash, then get the one that you can throw with your existing gear - if you already have a swimbait rod, I'd get the 9", but if you're using heaving casting gear, go with the 7".

• 2 weeks later...