***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

This sounds like trying to justify a fraud..don't even mold it for personal use..if not patented it may not be "illegal" but still completely unethical..a good part of the younger generation in this world is completely blind to hard work, respect, ethics and value..and others exploit it by doing and encouraging the fraud..the give it to me now at a lower price who cares who makes what mentality

I don't have a ton of 3:16 anymore because the pricing as of late discourages me..however the baits are first rate for good reason..if 3:16 was my "thing" I would never buy, sell or trade a knockoff knowingly..never mold one either..that is lowlife sh!t

My comments are not aimed at any particular person unless that person feels is ok

I agree,  I worded that wrong. I mean I can't stop anyone from doing it but I definitely would never do that.  I have been trying to make my own baits and it is VERY hard, I give a ton of credit to those guys like mickey. I might use their baits as something to go off and base off but I want to add my own twist to it to make it mine, not just copy, slightly modify, and change. (By "something to go off" I mean an inspiration or maybe a good profile to follow for the outline of a bait.) 

I do not support this whatsoever. What you said was perfect, and I agree with it. I know I know I'm still on "probation" according to you lol.

Anyone that has bought or owned a Spro BBZ-1 shouldnt have an opinion here about knock offs. This is the one of the original straight RIP OFFs of a unique design yet I notice a ton of people have them in their arsenal. They were def cheaper than the original, crappier, have a knocker (??) yet are still a great selling swimbait, matter of fact, I havent noticed any NEW Tools offered from rago lately. Spro and Bill Sementel ripped Rago off and took money directly out of his pocket, yet the bait is everywhere. This isnt anything new in the tackle industry, its shouldnt be so surprising .

Edited by Ceaser

Anyone that has bought or owned a Spro BBZ-1 shouldnt have an opinion here about knock offs. This is the one of the original straight RIP OFFs of a unique design yet I notice a ton of people have them in their arsenal. They were def cheaper than the original, crappier, have a knocker (??) yet are still a great selling swimbait, matter of fact, I havent noticed any NEW Tools offered from rago lately at all. Spro and Bill Sementel ripped Rago off and took money directly out of his pocket, yet the bait is everywhere. This isnt anything new in the tackle industry, its shouldnt be so surprising .

Every product ever made has been knocked off and copied. Everything. We all own knockoffs, not just swim baits.

So because someone pays top dollar for a bait but isn't able to tell if it's a repainted or original their getting ripped off is justified? Dude that is just ignorant. For instance my wife has bought me baits or rods for birthdays and such from this website and various others. She wouldn't be able to tell the paint. But in your mind it's fine to rip her off because of that? That is wrong on so many levels too. Hell I can't tell the paint schemes from the different bait makers sometimes, that makes my interest unauthentic?

Lets slow our roll here brotha, that is literally not even remotely what I said. To the contrary I said I was open to help from the jump off by way of helping folks identify baits in question. Later I said...

"Mickeys paint is unmistakable, one should familiarize themselves with the mans actual work and skill before jumping on the new unicorn hype train. There's a certain honor in acknowledging another mans work.. being unable to discern original paint signature paint from the source, kind of undermines the authenticity of your interest in which case you shouldn't even be concerned if your buying a knock off or not... Not to be callous but it kind of needs to be said. However there are plenty new or just don't know as well so I don't mean to be unfair. It just seems you would be in the know or want to be before shelling out serious money."

Which is true not ignorant... obviously there are exceptions and I don't think anyone deserves to buy a knockoff or get ripped off. In fact to the contrary everything I said when taken collectively and not out of context holds merit. There is merit to not being a blind consumer, and a blind consumer runs the risk of being ripped off that is all. Lastly your wife or my girlfriend seem nice enough to indulge or passion and likely don't know any more then most and would never expect to get ripped off which is another excellent point as to why this is bullshit in the first place. If your stealing from my girl and I'm getting fake 3:16s or anything fake for my bdays etc than thats even more an issue. Salt on top of salt. 

So to wrap it up and to be clear I don't want anyone ripped off... newbies, wifes, girlfriends or otherwise.

Man this has taken a turn.

Bottom line is, I don't personally give a f*ck about anyone's (collectively)ethics or morals or high horse sh*t. I do not know most of you I do not have expectations you are morally or ethically sound. That means I am never disappointed when someone acts the fool.

Don't blatantly rip someone off and you won't be considered a douche canoe in my book but then again you shouldn't give a sh*t about what I think either. If you copy someone's stuff for your own use because it is too expensive or unobtainable.......just keep your damn mouth shut about it so the gestapo doesn't find out.

I don't know Mickey from Adam, but I know his story. I'm not a fanboy. Bringing up his past and acting like he currently is that a$$hole isn't really all that cool. Just from where I am sitting it seems like a low blow.

If that was a reference to something else personal between whomever made that comment......my bad.

I should of made a disclaimer for wives and girlfriends I suppose... One should qualify before being offended and certainly before calling one ignorant. They are in fact just swimbaits but ethics shouldn't be flexible or employed at ones convenience. Supporting knockoffs of high end hard work is low class and should be regarded as such with any bait period.  

Am I the only one who remembers mickey stating he hasn't patented any of his baits? So I understand being mad, but what can Mickey realistically do to the ko maker? It really is about 80% his own fault.. 1) for failing to patent his hard work and 2) for not keeping up with the demand of his baits... I personally have fished most of his baits and love them.. At times I have spent well above double to triple retail for them... It sucks and to be honest I would possibly buy a ko of some of the more rare baits if they were similar in action for a fair price... Its not like mickey gives a ish about his customers since there is clearly a demand and he's failed to meet in any form... His business model includes hooking up friends with baits and then building hype so he can sell out of baits in 5 minutes or less, then collect the money and repeat the cycle 6 months later.... When you don't meet demand there are several ppl waiting in line to cash in on your shortcomings... Its capitalism and ppl will do questionable things for money its been this way for years... and not just in the fishing industry.... if anyone disagrees with him they are bullied and blacklisted and bashed by mickey or his buddies either physically or on every social media outlet.. Call out my integrity or ethics or what have you I personally give very few f**ks about peoples opinion on the internet... just my .02 cents

Edited by basshole8190