Swimbait fishing must haves...

Dirtroadhound

Life jackets. I used to never wear one but I've gotten a little older and possibly a little smarter and I want to be with my wife and kids for a little while so I don't really mess around with it anymore. One little mistake at 65+ mph and it could be all she wrote if you don't have your vest on. Happens all the time to people and especially to guys in fast boats.

Life jackets. I used to never wear one but I've gotten a little older and possibly a little smarter and I want to be with my wife and kids for a little while so I don't really mess around with it anymore. One little mistake at 65+ mph and it could be all she wrote if you don't have your vest on. Happens all the time to people and especially to guys in fast boats.

Can happen that fast!

thats why i dont drive fast, tourney or not. Im in no rush.

My dry vape - Pax 2 for chillin my brain 
Waterwolf - for after I'm done and want to see if I'm hitting it right. Mainly used on some local res's which only allow bank fishing. Sometimes I'll run this 3ft from the bottom and let it drift under the boat while I'm out. Get home and see all the attention it gets is really is awesome. 

Get your knot game tight!!! Practice and research knots at home before losing a money lure to the drink.

Research your line types( some knots work great with braid and suck { slip } with mono or floro)

Change out your split rings and treble hooks , REGARDLESS!!!

Start small and work your way up, there are a ton of affordable small to medium swim/glide/wake baits and heavy jig heads that can get you accustomed to the techniques and won't leave you in tears after losing a few to inexperience.

Confidence is key (aka PMA!) knowing your surroundings and body of water ( structure , seasonal transitions, baitfish spawns and migration) will highly boost the way you approach your jump off points and IMO up your hook up and landing ratios.

In the age of convenience everyone has their own preferences and styles of baits, lines, rods, reels, attractants and are more than willing to share this knowledge with you via YouTube and social media regardless if you are receptive to it or not. Don't believe the hype, personal trial and error will jump you light years ahead rather than soaking up "advice" from some ding-dong on a flow team trying to get kickback off a 10 min video. Every company will tell you that their product will catch you the fish of a life time but they fail to tell you that regardless of price/experience/preference you can hit a DD on a chicken nugget.

• 3 weeks later...

phone, scale, pliers, line hooks, rings, split ring pliers.  band aids or something incase you get hooked or scraped.  I like to tell at least one person I can trust where I will be and when to expect me back, you never know if something might happen and you need help. If you let someone know to make sure you are ok then it is not a bad thing.   

i like a knife too.