Best Crank Down Bait?

dylan628

Pats is the best. The shellcracker is hot. The cranking slammer 9 inch 2x is a smooth Cadillac and fun to use. The baby possum gives me an adrenaline rush when it gets bit. I have rigs dedicated to all four baits...tell us more about your mod please.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Wondering what is everyone's  preferred crank down style swimbait, I use a modified 316 wake jr 

That’s funny I have a Wake Jr that I modified to dive 6-8’ it’s a sweet swimmer.

Honestly it’s impossible to pick 1; Crank down Baby Possum is hard to beat at ice out..diving Slammer has put some giants in my boat cranking a few months after ice out. Pats, WT both have worked well all times of the year for me so if I had to pick 1 it would depend on the time of year.

Lucky enough to own the following:

1. Pats - puts fish in the boat

2. Wake n Crank - was able to add lead strips o get it to dive 4-5 ft

3. Slammer - ye ole' faithful 

Drt Tiny Klash/ Klash 9.  Cover a lot of water with one bait

Are you able to get the tiny to crank deeper than 6 feet? Looking to focus on the 7-12ft depths with a crank bait this spring.  Looking at the tiny or may get a DD slammer 

Are you able to get the tiny to crank deeper than 6 feet? Looking to focus on the 7-12ft depths with a crank bait this spring.  Looking at the tiny or may get a DD slammer 

Yeah definitely, wide lip will get it around 8-10 ft. 

Cranking slammer will maybe run 3-4ft at it's deepest. I have four of them and they all are slightly different, but none exceed 5'