New PB on the Wade Hoggs

Fishing_Timny

Managed to land a new pb today. I know there's bigger and I'm gonna find them eventually. She ate the Wade Hoggs which was a super exciting bite. I'm not a big top water or wake guy at all but dam that was an unexpected bite!  I've been targeting stripes with swimbaits the last few years and haven't really took the time to figure out how to approach the green ones. The last couple months the striper bite really died in my area and I had to find a way to feel that tug. So I stepped outside my normal comfort zone and started to break down some new water while searching for the green ones. I noticed the gill were spawning and  it was a no brainer that I needed to be throwing a gill bait. I've tried a handful of baits but ended up having the most confidence in the Wade Hoggs. The size,action, and noise it throws off seemed like it would make for a killer snack.  I'm glad I stuck with my gut feeling and decided to stick with it.

Here she is. A 6lb 3oz Nevada fish. I know it' no DD but it' a huge step in the right direction for me and a respectable fish for my area. #ofisholyreel

IMG_20180608_121832_957.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...