Broken Hiroshima Customs, thoughts?

benczar94

I recently bounced my favorite Hiro off a plastic buoy, I was pitching it under hand, I really have no idea how it broke given the circumstances but here we are

I had never even caught a fish on it...:(

Any advice on how I could repair it or what I should do?

Would Brock repair it? I don't use any social media or I would have already reached out to him through Instagram or something

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks SU!

IMG_20190522_165923899.jpg

IMG_20190522_165928995.jpg

3 minutes ago, benczar94 said:

I recently bounced my favorite Hiro off a plastic buoy, I was pitching it under hand, I really have no idea how it broke given the circumstances but here we are

I had never even caught a fish on it...:(

Any advice on how I could repair it or what I should do?

Would Brock repair it? I don't use any social media or I would have already reached out to him through Instagram or something

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks SU!

IMG_20190522_165923899.jpg

IMG_20190522_165928995.jpg

Hit up @Brock here or ig would be better

Edited by basskickinredneck

Yep, brock's super cool. A lot of really good guys making baits and brock is one of them

He repaired a hiro trout that I didn't even buy from him. He did it for free and offered to pay shipping. When I got the bait back it came with a free wrap to my total surprise. Can't say enough about the guy 

Not hating at all, and not saying he doesnt know what he is doing. I am sure Brock is an awesome guy, and his work is unbelievable, and definitely something I look up to. But with all of that said, i feel like he could use a bit longer screw eyes. I personally use at least 1.5" and bend them, so they never pull out. And maybe I am just a little overkill, and this incident is one in a million. Is it just me?

1 hour ago, VolunteerSwimbaits said:

Not hating at all, and not saying he doesnt know what he is doing. I am sure Brock is an awesome guy, and his work is unbelievable, and definitely something I look up to. But with all of that said, i feel like he could use a bit longer screw eyes. I personally use at least 1.5" and bend them, so they never pull out. And maybe I am just a little overkill, and this incident is one in a million. Is it just me?

I don't know anything about bait making but it does seem short. I wonder if that's the actual length of the screw or if the screw broke.....

Edited by SumoNinja

easy fix.  Take a punch and push the pin out.  Order up 0.92 screw eyes that are 1.5" long.  Pull out the one good one.  Put the longer one in.  (measure how long it is first so you can get it back to the same length).  Get some quick wood from the hard ware store.  Fill the hole in the broken one with it.  Use a piece of wire to push  in and make the existing hole.  Once cured, then you can put the new screw eye in that one too and put the pin in and fish  the wheels off it.

I'd lay off swapping hardware out or altering the bait too much if possible. Most glides are meticulously balanced and will not function properly with too much tinkering. If Brock did indeed put short screws in that bait, he probably did so with a very good and very specific reason. Ask his opinion on how to proceed.